Bullet indentations

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by TheDaggle, Apr 7, 2010.

1. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

I just received some .40 factory reloads from Georgia Arms, and it seems like quite a few of them have these indentations on the ridge of the bullet. Are these going to have a severe effect on performance of the rounds? Cause damage to a gun? I'm not expecting wonders from factory reloads, but a relatively large flaw like that raised my eyebrows. :confused:

Attached Files:

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

That is a new one on me. I would email the manufacturer with the pictures. Damege to gun- not likely. Unable to hit broad side of a barn standing inside barn? Likely.

3. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

It looks like they had some sort of hard debris stuck in the bullet cup in their seating die. Like C3, I doubt that they will hurt your pistol barrel, but accuracy will likely suffer.

I'd send Georgia Arms the photos and ask for a refund.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

There are few things you can do to the nose of a bullet that will adversely effect the accuracy. The base of the bullet is a different thing entirely. THat kind of damage to the base would be an accuracy killer.

If Georgia Arms is even remotely worth their salt, they will send you at least a box of ammo for your trouble.