Bullet Collection

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by 400Grayne, May 25, 2011.

1. 400Grayne

400Grayne New Member

Hello,

I have started a bullet collection and I am attempting to get many calibers.
    If anyone is interested in helping out I would really appreciate it!The best way would be to mail seated bullets without primers or powder.
    Some of the Calibers I need are:

480 Ruger, 458 Socom, 45 GAP, 357 Sig, 40 S&W, 204 Ruger, 357 Maximum, 475 Wildey Magnum,
    38 Super, 44 S&W Special, 500 S&W Special, 6.8 SPC, 5.45x39, 45 Colt, 10mm Magnum, 220 Swift, 460 S&W, 17 Remington etc.

Thanks!

- 400 Grayne

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  2. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Just hang out by a range or ask the range officer if you can poke through the brass after the range closes. If a round doesn't fire many just toss it and continue so you'll find lots of stuff if you look. Many of those calibers you're requesting are common.

3. 400Grayne

400Grayne New Member

Cartridge collection, correct. I'd like to have bullets to though. If anyone is interested in helping let me know.

4. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

After 45 plus years as a cartridge collecter I can tell you that a cartridge without primer or powder is no cartridge. The best advise I can give you is to try to encounter a collecter close to home and ask to rummage through his extra's. I have helped many get started over the years. Like most collecters we have plenty of extras.

5. 400Grayne

400Grayne New Member

Do you have any extra I could buy off of you? :D

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

400- send me a private message with a physical address for you, and what you are looking for. Shipping live ammo can get pricey (it has to go by UPS or FedEx GROUND) so will put a packet together. Most of my spares are older stuff- new stuff you can pick up from the range. I may have some extras that you can add to your collection. I will not sell them to you- but next Christmas, toss a few bucks in the Salvation Army kettle, and we'll be even.

And I still have to get a shipment sent to Highpower for the VERY generous gift he made to me- I am just gonna plead excessive travel and laziness on my part.

7. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

As c3shooter said, the freight charges are terrible. Here in the mountains the minimum is $14 for a small package. I do have quite a few extras of many different calibers. Most of my intrest is older rifle cartridges. If their is any particular older cartridges you are lacking I will look though my extras to see if I have any.