Bulk Ammo

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by superwoman, Jul 25, 2008.

1. superwoman

superwoman New Member

I have a G29 and I've been told they are discontinued (I find that hard to believe). I am having a really hard time finding the ammo locally. I have one store that is over an hour away that will special order, but not only is it expensive but also costs me in gas. Are there any reputable places online to purchase .10mm rounds?

And...I'm not switching out the barrel. I like my 10:)

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You can try midwayusa.com, sportsman'sguide.com, outdoormarksman.com or just google bulk ammo, there are a number of sites to look at.

3. superwoman

superwoman New Member

Thanks Spittinfire, I'll look into those.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Reload. If you are not ready to take that step, avoid CCI Blazer ammo (with the Aluminum cases) as it is not relaodable. Save your cases for a future reloading project, trade for ammo or have a friend load it for you.

5. superwoman

superwoman New Member

I dont care for Blazer anyway. I've had more misfires on all my guns with Blazer. I would love to learn to reload! I have asked several people to show me, but I'm still waiting...lol.

6. superwoman

superwoman New Member

Thanks G21. Ammoman's prices are great, but he's out of stock on the .10. I'll have to keep checking:)

7. G21.45

G21.45 New Member

:eek: Wow! Hard to find. Natchez Shooters Supply has 10mm in stock.

COR-BON

FEDERAL

REMINGTON

BLAZER

(Blazer is good range ammo; I shoot Blazer Aluminum by the case! If you buy it right at a place like Wal-Mart, it's cheaper than reloading. My own misfires have never been more than 2 or 3 rounds out of 1,000.)

It shouldn't be this difficult to find ammo! Makes me glad I use 45 acp.

ADDED: Nobody has mentioned to me that the G-29 is scheduled to go out of production; but, now, I'll start asking around to see if there's any truth to the rumor. ;)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Superwoman- or anyone else thinking about reloading....

1. Get The ABC's of Reloading.
    2. Sit down, read cover to cover
    3. Repeat at least once
    4. Reloading equipment RARELY wears out- there are still bargains on Ebay for dies and presses- shop carefully.
    5. You MAY save a little money
    6. You CAN load very good quality ammo, and hard to find calibers (.348 Winchester, anyone?) become MUCH less painful to shoot
    7. Those of us that a trifle paranoid about future govt actions do have a Plan B- if you are a reloader.

9. superwoman

superwoman New Member

G21. Very hard to find, and no one locally seems to want to carry it! it makes me feel like I am the only one in the state with one...
    Damn that means I have to buy more guns...lol

Keep me updated on the rumor:)

c3- Thanks for the info!!

10. G21.45

G21.45 New Member

:) About that rumor the G-29 is being phased out: It's just that, a rumor! Started toward the end of 2006; there wasn't any truth to it then; and, there isn't any truth to it now, either.

Top Glock and Budd's, both, have G-29's for sale; and the factory continues to produce them. The reason I prefer the G-21 is because - with simple barrel, guide rod, and spring changes - I have the option of using a G-21 as a dual caliber 45 acp/45 Super pistol. In 45 Super my G-21 will rival or even exceed many 10mm loads. (And with heavier bullets than the 10mm is able to handle, too!) ;)

11. superwoman

superwoman New Member

Thank you much g21!

12. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

No Offense C-3 but the advice on reloading is terrible overkill that will scare away potential newbies .

I have never read a reloading manual "cover to cover" , and yes I own the ABC's of reloading also and I have loaded thousands and thousands of rounds that all went bang , hit the target and were never an over or under powered load .

superwoman unless you're an imbecile who can't follow a few simple safety precautions such as don't smoke or get a flame near your gunpowder and don't reload drunk and or on drugs and Pay attention to what your doing and don't allow people or things to distract you you can reload in perfect safety with a saving of approx half of the cost of factory ammo give or take .

The physical reloading process is as simple as baking a cake and is 4 simple steps if you use a LEE powder through expander Die , 1) Resize and deprime the fired case all in one step , 2) is install a new primer , 3) Slightly expand or "Flare" the case mouth to accept a new bullet and add your powder charge , and finaly 4) seat a new bullet into the case and you now have a loaded round .

superwoman I loaded for years without anyone showing me a thing just read the instructions and follow it's that simple .

A basic LEE setup can be had in kit form and you can get started for as little as $100 . With this and a $15 set of their plastic dippers to measure your powder you could perhaps load for your entire life with complete satisfaction and safety without buying a single tool again "I did for years" .

Lee's website has helpful instructions for their various tools try going there and clicking on INSTRUCTIONS than Lee Reloader Press and just that will answer many questions for you .

Feel free to IM me if you would like any questions answered .

13. superwoman

superwoman New Member

Thanks Big001. You make it sound really simple. I've been put off a couple of times by others I've asked, and I often get the conventional "you'll shoot your eye out" type answers.
    I'm always up for trying new things, especially if people say I can't do it...lol. I guess I just didn't know where to start.
    Thanks Again!

14. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Reloading is one of the most rewarding and informative aspects of the shooting sports. Once you start to reload, your learning curve about all aspects of firearms will go vertical. Understanding what it takes to not only go bang but do so with sufficient consistancy to group well on target and/or strike the target with enough authority to do the desired damage.

Reloading will turn your affection for firearms into an addiction.

15. superwoman

superwoman New Member

Thanks robocop, but I think you mean turn my addiction into an obsession;) I've been addicted for a long time.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Big- no offense taken. Have seen a few folks that decide that if the cartridge case will hold 25 grains of powder, that must be the amount to use. I started in 1975 with a LEE loader- the little "bits in the cardboard box and a hammer" type. And I really don't want to scare anyone away (unless they are bidding against me for that set of .308 dies!) On the days when weather is too crappy to go to the range, you have something to do!