Bulgarian mags

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by poper, Jan 29, 2013.

1. poper

poper New Member

Hey guys,

I found a place to get Bulgarian ak mags but they are just plain black with 7.62 at the bottom. Are these any good? It's not a waffle mag and also doesn't have circle 10 on it. Im new to AK n AR so totally blind here. Mags are in the 200-300 dollars a mag so don't want to buy junk rather get steel ones then. The Bulgarian mags is half that though.

2. Garadex

Garadex New Member

$200-$300 per mag?!?!?! :eek: Do not buy that psychotically overpriced stuff.

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

a piece?!?!?!?!? Are they drums!??!!??

Man that's some hard core gouging there.

4. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

5. poper

poper New Member

Nope not drums per 30 round mag. For every 2 mags I can buy a new ak.

Thanks for the website.

6. BERSATHUNDER9HC

BERSATHUNDER9HC New Member

highway robbery

That is way to high to purchase even right now. Two bulgarian mags can with my ak a few years and work perfectly. They have worked as well as the egyptian mags i bought.

7. poper

poper New Member

haha yeah I know, Couple guys here have been kind enough to point me in a better direction. Your Bulgarian mags have you had any problems with feed lips breaking?

8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I wouldn't pay more than about $30 each even today.

9. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

I bought two of the black 7.62 40 rd. plastic mags that I found for $29 N change.
    At the range I had to take out the pocket knife to clear a few spots that were hanging in order it get the mag in the gun far enough to cycle.
    They were tight real tight, but after a little whittling & cycling a few rounds through mag and gun they work good now.
    I don't like plastic mags but the price was right & I wanted a few more than the normal 30 rounders.