Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I found a place to get Bulgarian ak mags but they are just plain black with 7.62 at the bottom. Are these any good? It's not a waffle mag and also doesn't have circle 10 on it. Im new to AK n AR so totally blind here. Mags are in the 200-300 dollars a mag so don't want to buy junk rather get steel ones then. The Bulgarian mags is half that though.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
$200-$300 per mag?!?!?! :eek: Do not buy that psychotically overpriced stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope not drums per 30 round mag. For every 2 mags I can buy a new ak.

Thanks for the website.

·
Registered
14 Posts
highway robbery

That is way to high to purchase even right now. Two bulgarian mags can with my ak a few years and work perfectly. They have worked as well as the egyptian mags i bought.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha yeah I know, Couple guys here have been kind enough to point me in a better direction. Your Bulgarian mags have you had any problems with feed lips breaking?

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than about $30 each even today.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I bought two of the black 7.62 40 rd. plastic mags that I found for $29 N change.
At the range I had to take out the pocket knife to clear a few spots that were hanging in order it get the mag in the gun far enough to cycle.
They were tight real tight, but after a little whittling & cycling a few rounds through mag and gun they work good now.
I don't like plastic mags but the price was right & I wanted a few more than the normal 30 rounders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts