building my first ar

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by hotfuzz47, Nov 18, 2013.

1. hotfuzz47

hotfuzz47 New Member

Hey everyone I'm building my first ar with stripped lower from psa or spikes with a hyperfire hypertouch trigger need advive for a good upper mid lenge don't on a 1:8 or 1:7 wohld like it to be 1k or under

2. brettc

brettc New Member

A lot of options with a 1k budget for an upper. What's the intended purpose for the rifle?

3. hotfuzz47

hotfuzz47 New Member

For combat and target shooting

4. brettc

brettc New Member

I'd definitely look at BCM considering your price range if you want a work horse. With BCM you can get one pre-configured with a nice rail or get one minus rail and pick what you choose. All their uppers are 1/7 twist I believe.

5. hotfuzz47

hotfuzz47 New Member

Ok they do offer 1:8 but idk what the real diffrence is abd i debaiting and front sight post

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I'd look hard at BCM and PSA. AimSurplus also has some great deals (here's one) on uppers when they're in stock. PKFirearms also has good deals on Daniel Defense uppers, among others.

I think 1:8 is ideal. But finding a 1:8 upper that I like is pretty tough. I have one, a 16" BCM stainless steel middy. But it makes for a heavy upper and is strictly a range and varmint setup due to the SS barrel.

Also- I have a Hypertouch trigger. They're excellent!

7. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

Spikes tactical is another well rounded company to look into along with BCM,PSA,DD.

My 2¢

8. brettc

brettc New Member

I prefer a heavier grain and have a 1/7 palmetto. Love PSA, have one full PSA rifle and a half dozen lowers. Also a big fan of Spikes, by far my favorite lowers.

9. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I can get you a SWAT Firearms solid billet upper with 1/9 twist ER Shaw Match Grade Barrel and bolt carrier group for $695. I can also Microslick your BCG as well. You can choose which barrel profile you want. Lightweight, Heavy, or M4/Government. Just let me know which one you want.

http://www.swatfirearms.com/uppers.html

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  10. hotfuzz47

hotfuzz47 New Member

Wow thanks everyone ill keep u updated with my build

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

+1 for the BCM.