Building my AR

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by dreweB, Jul 16, 2013.

1. dreweB

dreweB New Member

I'm building my AR On a budget and dont wanna spend too much money but don't wanna get a piece of crap.A local FFL dealer in town has a complete delton upper w/rock river BCG for 530$. And palmetto has lowers kits with magpul furniture for 250$+ tax, any input or suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

DreweB,

I would say that is the way to go. I would have the dealer check the Headspace on the Upper but it should be OK. Sounds like a good deal to me. $780 for a decent AR. That is if the kit does include the Receiver as it should for $250.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013

3. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Well I saw the lower u posted on palmetto but I want the magpul furniture so there is no point in ordering that one ... A little more money but ill spend it... And the upper I can get for 530 , one u posted is bout the same price but I don't have to wait , it comes with a BCG

4. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Don't get me wrong that is also a good way to go though

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I think the Magpul/PSA lower is a great idea but would top it with a PSA upper, not DTI. I got a PSA midlength upper last year and have been pleased.

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If you're looking to spend about $800, you'll get the most out of your money shopping with PSA. And you'll have a really solid platform worthy of investing more into at a later date, should you choose to do so.

7. dreweB

dreweB New Member

So if I do but a BCG from PSA do I get the one that says auto?

8. brettc

brettc New Member

Yes, get the "auto". For 140 +shipping that's not bad at all.

9. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Yea I'm starting to think I wanna order my upper fromPSA , I think the lower and upper would fit togeather better than if I got a delton upper

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Heres the deal , if you want to do this and have the money do it right now , The stuff your interested in may be sold out or not on sale tomorrow . The BCG is a daily deal , it will sell out before tomorrow , they always do . I have made that mistake several times " hard lesson learned for me " .
    DONT WAIT !!!!!! you will thank me later

11. dreweB

dreweB New Member

I think what im going to do is order all my lower parts and the BCG tonight bc that's all I can afford right now and get the upper later

12. brettc

brettc New Member

Great idea. Quality bcg still hard to come by, uppers seem to be very prevalent.

13. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I'd subscribe to the deals deals deals thread. A lot of good stuff gets posted there. I got a complete psa classic lower for $199.

14. monteros

monteros New Member

Deals deals deals is awesome!!! Worked for my BCG.

15. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

Just beware, you'll want to buy things you don't need just because it's a good deal. Lol. Luckily I don't have any money to blow. But definitely a good source if you wait.

16. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Just ordered my lower build kit,BCG, and charging handle , unfortunately in the 15 min I was debating the blemish lower receiver sold out so ima wait on the stripped lower , thanks everyone

17. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Where is the "deals deals deals"? So I can subscribe to it?

18. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

Just search deals deals deals. Make sure you search thread titles only. I'd send a link but I'm on my phone.

19. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Okay one more problem... I'm trying to order a lower stripped receiver...does it have to be shipped to an FFL dealer?