Building AR pistol, upper suggestions

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Powersportgiant, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

Guys, I am building an AR pistol currently and looking for a decent priced, yet quality upper. I already have a spikes lower all done just need help on a couple things.

Buffer tube, buffer, spring etc... : I have a spikes buffer and spring, is the pistol version different?

Upper : I'd like to do a 7.5" upper with a free float quad rail. Looking at some YHM complete's that look nice. Any opinions on these or suggestions on other brands?

As always, I greatly appreciate the input and help from the members here.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Powersport,

Here is a picture of my AR Pistol. It has a Rock River Upper with other accessories like the Noveske Flaming Pig Comp, KNS Anti Rotate Hammer and Trigger Pins, Quick Take-down and Pivot Pins, Rock River Arms 2 Stage NM Trigger and other items. Rock River makes a good one or you can have one built. M&A Parts is a good place to locate parts to build one. Good luck! They are great! And fun to shoot!

Attached Files:

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Now that is NICE, Sniper!

4. X-mark

X-mark New Member

Spike's buffer and spring are the same with regards to their Carbine buffer tube or their pistol buffer tube. The only time these items are not going to be interchangeable is if you get one of those half-size buffer tubes...i forgot who makes them. personally, i say stick to the standard size tubes, springs, and buffers.

5. X-mark

X-mark New Member

6. Powersportgiant

BUDGET, haha. That is a sweet upper, I just want a budget one for this build. Never had an AR pistol so I'm gonna go light. Any deals on more budget friendly uppers?

7. X-mark

X-mark New Member

Sorry, Spike's is about as budget as I have and I am completely out of stock on those.

8. Powersportgiant

I'd love to get a spikes if I could find one

9. Powersportgiant

No input on the YHM uppers anyone ?