building a 7.62x39 upper wish me luck

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by purehavoc, May 23, 2013.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

The brand I picked up doesnt have great reviews but they come from arfcom and I know how nonbranded stuff flies over there , if its not a big name its junk . Anyway I should have the barrel , bolt and the rest of the goodies coming mid next week . Wish me luck

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I have never heard of that brand so it must be junk. :)

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I find combloc calibers like ATF for carbon and soot build-up.

Dirt wipes off with ATF during cleaning, then apply a new coat.

Won't cost ya the ranch, either.

Best of luck.;)

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Thought this would make a good hog upper . That is if I ever get down south to shoot some hogs ;) .

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Sounds like a fun project, PH! Hope it turns out well...

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I can only hope , 30rd ASC mags sure are hard to find right now , well that arent $30+ each anyway and ASC doesnt know when C products is going to get caught up and get them the 7.62 mags.
    I have some magpul 20 rd mags that work ok if you only put 7 rds in them anything more than that and they kinda choked on them selves.
    It should be a fun project and I cant wait to get her out . 7.62 ammo is all over the shelves around here and its still relatively cheap $5-$6 a box .
    Have a good weekend everyone

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I guess I could throw the specs out there . 1:10 twist , carbine length gas system Low pro gas block , Moe hand guard , Miculek muzzle brake , LRB arms upper .
    Was going to do a free float on this one but in all honesty for what I paid I just want a cheap build . I have $260 in the barrel/ w extension, 7.62 bolt, firing pin, barrel nut assembly, gas block , gas tube, muzzle brake , crush washer, and MOE hand guard . and another $70 in the upper assembly and parts I dont think I got hurt at all

8. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

standard lower with a ASC 30 rd mag, there is a local maker of the AK15 lower but they are $375 and I sure as hell am not paying that much for it .

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Eeeeeeeeeeenteresting! I too lust over that LAR-47.

11. redhorse99

redhorse99 New Member

got an upper ordered from model1 in 7.62x39. gonna try one out myself. Keeping my eyes on MApartsinc though. If they get in stock first, will get from them.

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Well here she is lightly mocked up , I will get it mounted up on the upper tonight
    Shes just a cheap build that will hopefully put some bacon on the table

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It should be fairly accurate.

Don't be surprised if it doesn't

digest milsurp ammo well.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

If I haven't said it yet, I suggest some bear testing to ensure you are getting good penetration. So, how will you be attaching the bayonet?
    ;)

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Meet Matilda , She aint real pretty but she aint the worst I have ever taken home ;)

[​IMG]

16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

She better or I will have to loosen her up like a AK ;)

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Well, Matilda did not run great for me with steel and I didnt take any brass with me . I only took 10 rds with me to test fire and you guessed it . First round stuck and ripped the rim off . Of course I didnt take anything to knock it out with , so I drove home knocked it out and Im on the search for a reamer . She needs just a hair knocked out of her at the shoulder from the looks of the case . Like I said she will run like a AK when im done ;)