Build your own AR guide

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by BrassMonkey, Jul 3, 2007.

1. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

In the next few weeks I will be doing a series of build your own AR guides. The reasons for building your own are vast, and varied. Most people do so to save money as you do not pay the tax on a completed firearm. Some (myself included) do so to have a rifle built to suit their taste and needs, as well as the satisfaction of being able to say "I built that rifle". The first part of the guide will be on building the lower and will include detailed pics of each step of the process. The second part will be on building a stripped upper.

This thread will be for discussion of the topic as well as questions related to building your own AR. The guide thread willl be locked to keep it free of clutter.

2. knobcreek

knobcreek New Member

3. AR Hammer

AR Hammer New Member

If you are going to lock the thread, how do we discuss it?

4. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

BTT. I think this is an excellent idea.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

how do you build your own ar 15 over in oz we cannot own any semi auto guns and laws on basic long arms for hunting are very strict can you email a guide on this and even other ways of making guns as im interested in this as a hobby

6. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

There are weapons that are similar to the AR that are pump action. You might be interested in this: http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm

I'm not sure what you mag capacity laws look like, but that rifle will accept a standard 30 rd. M16 magazine.

7. bkt

bkt New Member

We buy individual components like a lower, lower parts kit, upper, bolt carrier assembly, and stock/buffer and assemble everything. That helps keep costs down.

I have heard of folks bending metal to build their own AK47 receivers, but not an AR15.

This thread on ar15.com is about an AK build party near where I live. It should have links with info on how they built their rifles, where they got their tools, materials, etc.

8. bamadave

bamadave New Member

good idea

I am intertested in building an AR...lookin forward to reading the guides...Thanx

9. mausermax98

mausermax98 New Member

im looking forward to those guides , it would be a great tool to have when i decide to build my match rifle , i've built a few bolt action rifles and there is no better feeling than when someone admires your rifle and you can proudly say that you built it ! cant wait till you get started on those guides thanks

10. haycreek

haycreek New Member

AR 15 Plans

My son and I are both interested in building an AR . We are waiting.:)

11. herp_man2003

herp_man2003 New Member

Is this guide already posted or are we still waiting for it i think it would be awsome to build my owe thanks Anthony

12. Mikie3819

Mikie3819 New Member

Can't wait lets Get Er Done, AR"S forever....

13. Samhain

Samhain New Member

I am intertested in building an AR...lookin forward to reading the guides
    keep us posted on where we can find your guides... on this tread..or a new one?

14. Mikie3819

Mikie3819 New Member

:D
    Please show us the way, cant wait, have always been interested in building an AR thanks much. Mike

15. Mikie3819

Mikie3819 New Member

OK Lets GO GO GO,. Cant wait for an AR build up, hey .22 to 50BMG what a rush. Show us the way..... Mike.

16. Mikie3819

Mikie3819 New Member

Come on Brass Monkey lets get er done . Mike

17. bkt

bkt New Member

Awright, I've had it with this.

Here is a general manual on the care and feeding of your AR.

Who has instructions on how to build an upper, including gas tube assembly and BCG? Who can show how to assemble a trigger group?

(If you can't figure out how to fit an upper to a lower, you probably should not be around firearms in the first place. So it's probably OK if we leave that part out.)

18. Jeep4x4s

Jeep4x4s New Member

Any one maybe answer?/ AR-15 ?? sell $$??

Any one out there can tell me How much my M$ bushmaster ar-15 .223cal 16"brrl, clapsable stock, w-scope. flash-light,and lazer cite worth? its in great cond. BLK. around 700-800 rounds completely shot through, clean.

19. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

20. balloo93

balloo93 New Member