Build the perfect 300 BLK pistol

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ams556, Feb 25, 2014.

1. ams556

ams556 New Member

I am looking looking to build a 300 Blackout Pistol. I want to keep the costs low but not so low that I can't get my money back out of it if I decide to part with it.

I have a PSA lower in the mail.

I am thinking:
    CMMG LPK
    Magpul grip and AFG
    ~8" stainless Barrel
    YHM - free float carbine length quad rail ~7"
    Vltor set screw gas block - May drill and tapper pin
    Some form of compensator to direct blast forward

The big question I have right now is wether or not it is worth the additional cost for a left side charging handle upper or not. I could argue it either way. What would you do?

What would you change?

2. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

Sig SB15 arm brace & buffer tube for it from KAK Industries.
    SSA-E trigger.
    Vortex SPARC II optic.

I thought about doing a left side charger when I built my 300 BLK SBR. You will get gassed badly if you ever decide to put a suppressor on it. I decided against it for that reason & the non-standard parts configuration.

I would shoot it first before dropping much $ on a muzzle device. We shot my friend's 8" without a muzzle device & the blast wasn't that bad, 300 BLK is efficient with the shorter length barrels.

3. ams556

ams556 New Member

I don't understand how the side charging handle would effect gas blowing back on the shooter when suppressed. Can you explain?

I understand that if the hole was left open I could see an issue but if you leave the traditional charging handle functional, what is the harm?