Build Progress - Parts ready for coating

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by TexasGunner, Jun 25, 2013.

1. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Well I've got the parts that are going out for nickel boron coating broken down as far as I can get them. They will be headed to WMD tomorrow. Then about a 4 week wait..... oh what will I do to fill my time?

image-502759492.jpg

2. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Building is addicting! Send me a stack of cash and I'd be more than happy to build one for you. I just have expensive tastes, so no cheap generic parts would be used! The upper, lower and all of their small parts will be nickel boron coated.

The stock I want to use is the Magpul UBR hydro dipped in reaper black.
    image-862395445.jpg

With a couple of hydro dipped p-mags
    image-918538806.jpg

I will be sending off my pistol grip, Troy flip up backup sights, Burris P.E.P.R Scope base andNikon P-300 scope off to sexyweapon.com to be hydro dipped to match the other parts.

Here's my delima... Do I send off the free float hand guard when it comes in? I ordered a Lancer LCH5 mid length. It is carbon fiber, so it'll look bad ***, but it would also look good if it matched the stock. Here's what it should look like. I am leaning towards coating it.
    image-828814108.jpg

What do y'all think? Suggestions please!

3. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

How much was that stock

4. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Well I have not yet ordered it, but it is hella expensive! $259.00 for regular black UBR stock vs. $329.00 for hydro dipped UBR stock. But i'm not building an uber affordable entry level carbine. I am building my dream gun, so to me it is worth it.

5. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

I know what u mean I am going to save up cause I wanted to do 14.5 with three round and all works Idc I would spend that much on a gun like that

6. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

This one will be a 14 1/2" 300 Blackout. To avoid NFA paperwork it will have the muzzle break pinned. I already have the barrel and muzzle break.

image-3155095569.jpg

7. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

Nice yeah not me I would do NFA on it

8. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I do not currently possess the patience to wait on the NFA *******s just to save a couple of inches. Besides this one is be built to shoot supersonic rounds not subs so a suppressor was not/is not planned for this build. I am going to do a 10 1/2 inch suppressed 300 build late this year or early next year. For that one I will load sub sonics.

9. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

That's cool will this is my babe I just finish today but I do want to up grade some stuff later

Attached Files:

10. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Well the parts are off to WMD for coating. Now I have 4-5 weeks to hurry up and wait. I was planning on using a 3 1/2 lb single stage Timney in this build, but when in a local gun shop today picking up a dust cover kit I came across one of WMD's NiB-X coated fire control groups. For the price I just could not pass it up. I then ordered a JP enterprises 3 1/2 lb trigger spring kit for it. the NiB-X Trigger group just fits the theme for this build perfectly, so I'll give it a try. Hey if I don't like it I'll pull it out and drop in the Timney.

........Oh and another thing. After I got home from work I ordered the Reaper hydro coated Magpul UBR stock and vertical grip. So this makes my decision easy. As soon as the carbon fiber Lancer LCH5 hand guard gets in, I will be sending it off along with the Troy backup sights, pistol grip, scope and scope base to be hydro coated to match. I can hardly wait to have a table full of completed parts in front of me! It will be like Christmas morning. Heck it had better not take until Christmas!

image-4284480481.jpg image-1410902347.jpg image-3879623685.jpg image-2035976363.jpg

11. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

TexasGunner this is gonna be a sweet build, can't wait to see it come together!