Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I considering getting an AR and I'm wondering if there is any benefit to building an AR vs buying one? I'm in no hurry to buy so the time to get each part wouldn't bother me but I have the experience building an AR. Any thoughts are welcome, thanks

·
Banned
10,243 Posts
Build it. You will have a gun that is built just for you when it's done. It easy to do, fun, and rewarding.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Build it. Just built my first one this week. Second on its way. Only modification I had to do today was dremeling the ramp. Had an issue loading first round from magazines. Honed the ramps and fixed it. No special tools needed for the assembly.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'm glad I went down the build route the anticipation and constant searching for the parts I wanted were far more fun then going down and flopping down cash for one already done. Plus you'll have a Frankenstein gun.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Read through the build threads here, I think you'll be convinced to build. Only problem is so much is backordered but if you have time to wait and assuming no ban you'll be rewarded in the end.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Again im in no hurry and probably won't start until February at the earliest. But it seems the build route is preferred. Any issues you've run into, or skills/tools needed, again this will be my first attempt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts