1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Using the adage "If you carry one, then you have none; carry two, you have one"

What is the appropriate Back Up Gun (BUG) for the Commander sized .45?

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

A full size Government model?

3. SecPro

SecPro New Member

For the past year or so my BUG has been a .38 pocket carry. Was a S&W 642 and now a Taurus 85 with a chopped off hammer.

For a BUG I go with the kiss concept. keep it simple stupid. i just want it to go bang every time I squeeze the trigger and a revolver is just that in my opinion.

4. TRex21

TRex21 New Member

I carry a G20 and my BUG is the G29. I hope and pray that I never have to use my primary, but if it so happens to go down, my BUG is the same 10mm and the magazines fit and I dont have to think about another weapon platform....it just goes bang.

Luckily, my pants are much bigger in the waist than I need. IWB helps keep them up...:D

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Ruger LCP(Elsie Pea):D

Attached Files:

• 276.jpg
      276.jpg
      File size:
      52.5 KB
      Views:
  6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I'm another vote for LCP. It really can't be beat in size/cost/weight/simplicity. You can truly pocket-carry this pistol. An LCR is not nearly as good for pocket carry.

And for me the snappy recoil that some dislike wasn't a problem for me at all, though I don't mind my pinkie hanging off in space.

7. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

Ruger LCP... Over 500,000 sold in 3 years says a lot... They fulfill their intended purpose.

8. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I carry a Ruger LCP as a BUG. It works every time-even with pocket lint in/on it.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

i will carry only one once wis gets ccw and it will either be a bersa 380 or my colt 45acp new agent. depending on clothing. i want it to go bang at least once if not more and i cant depend on a revolver to do that. get a piece of crud in the cylinder and it will jamup without the gun going off. at least with a semi i am assured the first shot will go boom.

10. WDB

WDB New Member

Jon, wish you the best on getting you ccw!
    It takes a lot to jam cylinder on a revolver. Many use/carry them for the simplicity of the firearm, far less moving parts. I expect most would agree if you are looking for a pistol that would go bang every time a wheel gun wins hands down. I don't carry a revolver but that is more of a personal preferance.

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I am slowly being drawn to the LCP for it's ease of carry and my need for a BUG. I've looked at the Sig 238 but it has to many edges for pocket carry.

12. dp509

dp509 New Member

I use a S & W 442, no lock.