Bug out bags

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Jpohl, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Jpohl

Jpohl New Member

What's a good starting point for a bug out bag? What's in yours?

2. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

OTR Truck driver here so I live in a bug out situation 90% of the time. Contents of truck:
    3 guns (22lr, 45acp and 556 nato)
    2 weeks food supply
    water for 1 week
    toiletrys and medicines
    2 weeks clothing
    CB Radio
    Hunting hatchet/ knife combo
    Keep the tanks full and I'm mobile and self sufficent....:D

3. Kai

Kai New Member

Google "bug out bags" and you will find a lot of info including quite a few lists of what people think you should have in a BOB.

4. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Say what you will about Recoil magazine, but the latest issue has a really good bug out bag section this month.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Think about the things you cannot live without very long, Water, food, whats it take to get safe, clean water to drink ? Whats it going to take to get food later ? what are you going to use for shelter if you have to bug out ? how are you going to keep dry? start a fire? spare clothes if you need them, first aid supplies ? Do you take medicines / daily pills ? . There a million things you could put in the BOB but keep it simple , keep it basic,

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Alot of people slam Recoil Mag for their recent BS adjenda but I do like it . There are some good articles , its a nice mag, it is expensive but usually full of info worth the $8 . Always a target in the back that we do put to use :D

7. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Bug out bag

I put one together as my exchange gift input for Christmas this year... BOTH my brothers wanted it, but ultimately it went to my Stepfather (after being snarfed twice, then retired & off limits to all). I bought an Everest brand backpack and loaded it with the following;
    MAIN COMPARTMENT-
    - ONE TUBE TENT SHELTER
    - FOUR MYLAR REFLECTIVE EMERGENCY BLANKETS & FOUR HAND WARMERS
    - ONE 100 PIECE FIRST AID KIT
    - ONE 9 BULB LED MINI FLASHLIGHT
    - ONE 10 BULB LED HEADLAMP
    - EXTRA AAA BATTERIES
    - ONE FOLDING CAMP STOVE W/ 24 FUEL TABS
    - POCKET KNIFE AND FOLDING MULTI-TOOL SET
    - ONE CAMP TOOL (SHOVEL/AXE/SAW)
    - TWO EMERGENCY RATION MRE BARS (24OO TOTAL CALORIES EA)
    - SIX 4oz EMERGENCY WATER POUCHES
    - ONE 32oz WATER BOTTLE
    - ONE FRONTIER STRAW WATER FILTER (GOOD FOR 20 GALLONS)
    - THREE PAIRS OF WORK GLOVES (SM, MED, LG)
    - ELECTRICAL & DUCT TAPE ONE ROLL EACH
    - TEN FACE MASKS
    - FIVE GLOW STICKS/BRACKLETS
    - ONE CANTEEN CUP W/ EATING MULTI-TOOL
    - PERSONALS KIT CONTAINING; VASALINE, HAND SANITIZER, 4 WISPS TEETH CLEANERS, TISSUES. WET WIPES, INSECT REPELLENT & SUNSCREEN, INSECT BITE STICK
    OUTSIDE COMPARTMENT
    - 50 FEET OF REFLECTIVE POLYCORD
    - WIRE SAW/SNARE
    - MULTI-TOOL WHISTLE, THERMOMETER, COMPASS, SIGNAL REFLECTOR, MAGNIFYER & LIGHT
    - HAND WIND-UP CHARGER W/ ADAPTOR SET CELL PHONES, PDA’S, GPS’S
    - SEWING KIT
    - WATERPROOF MATCHES W/ MAGNESIUM FIRE STARTER

Oh and if you're wondering about the "exchange gift" Christmas rules (also known as a "Yankee Swap"... but being in the South we don't use that term); http://mullenclan.com/misc/YankeeSwapRules.htm

P.S. - Had to add, most of my bug out supplies come from either surplus or : http://beprepared.com/Default.asp? .... Had to share that site w/ you all!! Stay safe & Happy 2013!!!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  8. capto56

capto56 New Member

For more info on bobs, check out the survival and sustenance living section in the forum. A few threads already started there