Firearms Talk banner

Buffalo snows

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  TimL2952 
#1 ·
Anyone here from Buffalo? I would like to see pics of your neighborhoods. :D

#6 ·
Not my neighborhood, we only got about 6". This is from Buffalo yesterday so it's a little short.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
How do you begin to clear that all out????? :confused:

The most I've ever seen here in Illinois at one snowfall is 36 inches.
The easiest way is to start shoveling while the snow is falling. Don't wait until you have six foot of snow piled up to start shoveling. I jump on the snow here while it is falling with a large rake. Everyone else is stuck for several days. I am out on the road as soon as I can see where I am going. If I didn't jump on the snow right away and keep it packed down we would be stuck until a plow comes. We live on a dead end road. Usually the snow is all but melted before a plow comes to our road.

Once I get out and about I enjoy looking at all the 4 wheel drive vehicles in the ditch or wrecked. My Ranger has positive traction and a towing package so it sits up as high as a lot of full size vehicles. I also have a Kenworth but I try to leave the KW parked in inclement weather. People see me going by in the Ranger so they think it is safe to go out in a car. We usually can get them out of the ditch...

#15 ·
I'm from Lockport...It's about 35 minutes North of Buffalo, and we got a whole 3-4 inches. They got hammered with 76 inches within 24 hours. I've got a few photos from my friend that lives in Alden that I can share

The one is a NYS Police cruiser that was buried while the officer was working a semi truck crash

Attachments

#17 ·
The death toll has now reached 13 individuals. Some were senior citizens being evacuated from nursing homes (dangers of roof collapses with all the snow)... Some folks were trapped in their cars, pushed into snow banks by plows, and then buried alive under more than 10ft of snow...talk about an awful way to go.

#18 ·
The death toll has now reached 13 individuals. Some were senior citizens being evacuated from nursing homes (dangers of roof collapses with all the snow)... Some folks were trapped in their cars, pushed into snow banks by plows, and then buried alive under more than 10ft of snow...talk about an awful way to go.
one dead is one too many but its worth mentioning that as bad as 7' of snow sounds and is, we deal with it pretty well, better than most. As you know, Buff is no stranger to that kind of snow. Because of their location they get the double lake effect whammy.

You wont here about Federal Billions spent in response or many lingering effects over the next 2 years, they will shovel it and it will melt away!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.