Buffalo Classic Rifle 45-70

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by The_Kid, Aug 7, 2012.

1. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

I'd like some opinions from those who have owned this rifle.

H&R Buffalo Classic Rifle 45-70 Government

I'm mainly interested in the action strength and overall sturdiness.

I also would like to know about that Williams receiver sight, it doesn't look like it would offer much in elevation. Would it have enough elevation to take a subsonic load out to 400 yards?

I have another question that is more reloading specific... how fast can one push a hard-cast bullet?

Thanks in advance!

2. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

you beat me to this post, i wanted to know the same info, had a few h&r break action rifles, accurate but broke open upon firing, hope someone posts good stuff cause i want one!

3. jlashe

jlashe New Member

I own two of them. Great rifles one I use for cowboy action shooting the other hunting. 32 inch bbl w I'll handle any round you wish to use. Mine are scoped. 250 grain Barnes makes excellent hunting round. At around 2300 ft per sec.

4. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

I found a fix for that problem... it seems to have to do with actions not fitted with specific barrels at the factory.

BARREL FITTING FOR THE NOVICE

Hopefully that issue will not show-up with a new rifle. :/

Thanks for the heads-up!

5. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

thanks for the info, my dad has the rifles now but i will pass the info off to him. they were factory barrels too, one is a .223 and the other im not sure never got into em but dad uses em for coyotes. thanks again