Buffalo Bill Winchester 30-30

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by mesinge2, May 2, 2010.

1. Get it

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Don't get it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. the required 3rd option: Other, Please Specify

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I know quite a bit about pistols and revolver; however, my knowledge of rifles/shotguns is lacking. A friend of mine has a gun shop and often calls me when he get a gun that he thinks I will like. I have recently got into cowboy shooting with my Uberti and my CZ hammer coachgun. Anyways, he called me when he got a winchester levergun in trade. It is a Buffalo Bill Commemorative in 30-30. I took a look at it and it is beautiful.

It has an octagonal 26" barrel, saddle ring, engraving, and a perfect wood stock with a very contrasting grain. He said, "to me" he would sell it for $350. It is used but the original owner said it was a collection piece and never shot. It comes with the original box and papers as well. I know the barrel might be a little long, but I like the look of the longer barrel as well.

I was just wondering if this is a good levergun to start with and if there are any special concerns with this gun. Also, I doubt it but would the warrenty still be active?

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

$350 is a little short of what a Marlin 30-30 is selling for at my local Walmart. There is no comparison. I would snap up that Winchester if it was me! Sometimes commemorative stuff can be a little cheesy. But Winchester is a class act.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Who's selling it, where and how do I get in touch with them? Just kidding. ;)

At that price, snap it up. $350 for any near new Winchester is an excellent price. :cool:

4. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

$350 for a Buffalo Bill is a good price for a gun that has been fired,and a great price for one that includes the box and paperwork and is unfired.