Budwiser Drinkers......does it bother you?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dunerunner, Oct 9, 2010.

1. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

It has been some time since Belgian Beer giant InBev bought Anheuser-Busch and moved 1400 jobs out of the country.

Are you still drinking Bud, and if so; does it bother you, or not?

2. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I quit drinking that weak horse-pi$$ years ago, in favor of ales that actually taste good. Doesn't bother me any...

3. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Ever since the taste of good (European) Beer, my taste buds refused to have anymore of it!

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I was raised near Milwaukee.

5. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Budweiser is beer? I thought it was recycled Clydesdale pi$$.

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

If I"m drinking domestic I like Bud. My uncle worked in the St. Louis Brewery for many years.
    Using the overseas logic then we should stop buying about everything.Domestic cars made in Canada or Mexico. And most all that pesky fuel for our cars and trucks. Even U.S. companies get some of it from other countries. Even those Toyota's made in Kentucky are funnelling muco monies to Japan. SAme with most TVsadn other electronics. I use Motorola cell phones being they have been in the U.S.for many years. But those are not all American parts in them. Still..Moto kicks the Llamas a$$ :eek:

I'm all buying American.But it's going to take a lot to not only get companies to move back home at some point but also to make a similar product that is near the same cost as an import.

7. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I know so many folks that work for A.B. that if I didn't drink it, I'd get my *** kicked. Local AB distributors sponsor EVERYTHING around here. From my Ducks Unlimited Banquet, to kids softball tournaments to Feeding hungry families. I don't know about you guys but I support THAT!

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Jeezus.....

9. suprdave

suprdave New Member

You Bastage...

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I prefer drinking local micro brews ;)

and no I do not drink AB - not because of who owns it but because it tastes likes sweaty azz :eek:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  11. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I guess if we could get workers to accept 50 cents a day in wages with no retirement or benefits and work a ten to fourteen hour day, we could make products that were about the same cost as the imports.

If our government subsidized those industries with our tax monies, like Japan does their auto industry, we could probably be competitive on the export market, too.

Thing is, if we as Americans don't start right now to support American industry; it is going to die. Without small industry, our ability to tool up to fight a war in defense of ourselves is severely limited. Remember when a small manufacturer, Singer, made .45 pistols?

I try my best to buy American whenever I can, as I type this on my Indonesian made computer. :rolleyes: :p

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I would love to buy american products. I would even pay a little extra for them.

Just remember that toyota or and AB even though they are owned over seas then still support many families right here in the USA.

The days are over of being a self centered country that doesn't want ties to the rest of the world. We have to be involved in the world. The world is moving and has moved to a global economy. We have to ba a part of that like it or not.

13. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Active Member

Doesn't bother me at all that they sold the company.
    I'll never buy it again.
    Drink Whiskey.

14. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

I havn't drank Butt-Wiper or Budwiser since 1988 anyhow. Been a Coors guy for quite awhile now.

15. igordog

igordog New Member

I like Candian beer. I didn't say I necesarrily like Canadians (I do live right near the border) but I don't mind their beer. Rolling Rock and Honey Brown too.
    I'm not a snob.

16. colmustard

colmustard New Member

:DI like bud but also like rolling rock and coors original(not that light crap!)

17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Beer is one of the industries that America is actually leading the world in. Yeah ok, Inbev owns Budweiser but if you look at craft beers, America actually has the respect of the world. Germany is the traditional beer capital of the world but America has trumped them in variety and quality... well unless you ask a German.

If were talking beer, buy the best, buy American.

Stone, Sierra Nevada, Dogfish Head, Troegs, Bell's, Flying Dog, 21st Amendment, Southern Tier, Weyerbacher, thats just naming a few. All of these are American and make some wonderful beers.

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OH NO I got a 6 pack of Killians IRISH Red. Just because all of the complaining in this thread. I enjoyed one with dinner nice smooth with a crisp finish.

19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Budweiser is great stuff. Cured my athlete's foot in 4 days. Better than Absorbine Jr.

What ? Oh, for God's sake- don't DRINK the stuff !

20. ElvisIsDead

ElvisIsDead New Member

I don't drink much but when I do I like Newcastle Nut Brown Ale. I also like Michelob Amber Bock or, if I can find it, Michelob Honey Larger.