Bud's guns let me down

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by AWDeanSr, Feb 8, 2012.

1. AWDeanSr

AWDeanSr New Member

I placed an order with Bud's guns 2 days ago. I initially placed the order as a layaway on a 4.2 inch Ruger sp101. I contacted them twice to pay in full, took them 24 hours to send me an email with a link to pay in full. I paid them in full for the sp101 model 5771 and they wrote me back a couple hours later and said they do not have it in stock. They had the sp101 with a 4.2 inch barrel for $504 when I first placed my order, then they wanted 525, after I paid 525 they did not have it, but they sure did take my money promptly.

I have dealt with them before, I will never buy from them again unless they make this right!

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

That's not good. Hope it all works out.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Thats crazy! Good luck with everything

4. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Pretty disappointing

5. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I had a mishap similar to yours with buds. Placed an order for my saiga,they took the money from my account but I got an error message after confirming order so It never got through. Yet I was still out of the money,I placed it late Friday and when they're staff got back after the weekend they were very prompt in making it right. They gave me the option of getting my money back,having them re-place the original order,or putting the money towards another gun. I choose to go ahead with the original order,19 hours after their Rep told me the order was placed and I should be receiving a confirmation email my FFL called and said my rifle was ready.

They definitely made it right for me,but it made for a tense weekend going back and forth from looking at my account balance and seeing the money gone,and then checking and seeing "you do not have any current orders" on my account with them every 15 minutes. But their staff was very good to me,u may get bounced around departments a bit but it didn't take long for me to find the right person with the resources abd who took It upon himself to make sure I got fixed up

6. jsbowman

jsbowman New Member

Www.kygunco.com

Try these guys out. Big selection of fire arms and their customer service has been awesome!!!

7. AWDeanSr

AWDeanSr New Member

I have no doubt they will refund my money or give me my gun. I am not implying they are a bad business, just pointing out a problem. I posted this on a couple forums to let people know they may run into a problem if they try to layaway a gun with Bud's. The gun was listed as free shipping an normally sells for $530, when I pressed buy it now it was listed at $504 plus $6 for insurance. I used a debit card and was charged an additional $15.

8. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I won't buy from Bud's until they resolve this issue...

9. whirl7

whirl7 New Member

This is another reason not to by from Buds anymore. I have bought a few guns from them over the years, but no more. They have the worst customer service, and shipping is slower than molasses. It now takes them 7 Business days to ship out a gun in stock. Although there policy on their site says 3-7 days. When you call them they say new policy is 7 days. IMO I can't understand why Buds takes so long to ship. When I buy guns from any other online store they ship within a day or two.

10. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

That's no good. I hope they make it up to you.

11. AWDeanSr

AWDeanSr New Member

On their Layaway page they have written "Due to overwhelming customer request, www.BudsGunShop.com is now offering our no hassle.....90 Day Layaway Plan" and a link to make an online payment. I was not aware of this and there was no link on my check out page to make a payment. I also believe they may have thought they had time to get another one before they received my down payment.

I am not bashing them. I just think people should know they may run into a problem with the layaway plan and the gun may not be in stock if you do not send the 20% immediately.

They emailed me earlier today and said that they had one on the way to their store from a supplier, looks I may be able to get it in a timely manner.