Budget trap/skeet gun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by thesoulution22, Aug 24, 2012.

1. thesoulution22

thesoulution22 New Member

Before I buy my first skeet gun, I was wondering if I could get some advice on a budget 12 ga.

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Tristar or USSG for a budget skeet.

3. BrooklynFaTs

BrooklynFaTs New Member

4. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

and the budget is? 870 or 500 for trap works fine. skeet better off with an ou or auto (tell me all you want you cant pump that fast or the gun cant be pumped that fast)some mod 12s and good wingmasters will prove me wrong.but its not the norm

5. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

For trap, a Mossberg 500 or a benelli nova would be fine. For skeet, you're better off looking at a used remington 1100 (or equivalent) or getting a stoeger O/U. Both can be had for <$500

6. hmh

hmh New Member

Remington spartan made by baliki (misspelled)

Attached Files:

7. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

sparten may be ok stoger?had a condor comp lasted about 1000 rounds then went to hell doubling on to hot a load or would not reset barrels on 1 oz loads save your pennies and buy a b gun. rem1100 is a great choice looking at a 12 ga full ck 28 in brl for 450 right now and i think it can be had for less .i shoot a 1100 lw in .410 events

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  8. BrooklynFaTs

BrooklynFaTs New Member

I like what you said about the condor ,I was just gonna buy one ,but after reading what you said ,1000 rounds and it went to ****,I will not be buying that one thanks

9. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Fn? Eaa? Both work well

10. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

I've got some high dollar shot guns but I would be willing to bet that I've shot more orange coasters with my Remington 870 than anything else.

11. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

aint nothing wrong with an 870 wingmaster mod 12 win ect for single events! thay will work for doubles but you are at a disadvantage a 1100 ect or good ou are the way to go.now if you want to kill the zombies when thay come thats a different game get the cheepest gun you can and hang all the crap on it you can(dont worry that flashlite wont give you away) and tell me all you have to do is change the barrel and will outshoot us on a clays range