BuckMark

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by riderguy, Mar 18, 2013.

1. riderguy

riderguy New Member

I haven't heard anyone mention a Buckmark.
    Any reason?

2. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

If I was buying a 22 pistol to shoot as is I would buy a Buckmark target. If I wanted to add race parts I would buy a Ruger MK2
    Of course the High Standards made before the move to Texas are good shooters as well
    [​IMG]

3. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

I'm looking to pick one up in the very near future. They are excellent 22 pistols.

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

They are great 22 cal pistols. I also have a Tactical Solutions Barrel which is threaded for mine. Hoping someday to get a suppressor. Have a small red dot optic on it that works well. I would highly suggest the Browning Buck Mark pistol.

5. steve666

steve666 New Member

I have a number of .22 pistols. The Buckmark is probably my #2 auto-loader, with my High Standard Supermatic Trophy being #1.

6. msup752

msup752 New Member

I just sold one. It was big and heavy for a .22 but accurate and reliable.

7. Holmes375

Holmes375 New Member

The Buckmark is my favourite .22 pistol. Only mod I've made to mine over the years is the addition of a set of Williams Fire Sights. Good for old eyes and small game ;)

Have owned several Ruger .22 pistols, very good handguns but I definitely prefer the grip angle of the Browning. And the Browning comes with a pretty nice trigger right out of the box.

8. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

My Buckmark is a great shooting machine. Added the reflex sight and made a tack driver out of it.

DSCN0638.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  9. Holmes375

Holmes375 New Member

Now there's a high tech Buckmark race gun! I'll bet that will indeed make ragged holes :)

10. kodiak

kodiak Member

Love my Buckmark.

Attached Files:

11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Wife loves hers. I prefer my MK III

12. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

My sis is picking up her buckmark lite tonight.

13. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Had for years, absolutely love it.

14. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Love my Buckmark, too! It has always been 100% and is as much of a tackdriver as a handgun can ever be.

Taking the grips off is an adventure, though! The first time I did I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I had to run into the arms of Youtube to get it back together again...

15. Holmes375

Holmes375 New Member

That brings back a memory or two :)

16. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

It looks like simply field stripping it is an adventure in and of itself.

17. riderguy

riderguy New Member

One problem is the difficulty taking it apart -- which is interesting as one reason I got a Buckmark is because the Ruger is so difficult to put back together.
    I called Browning about it and they said they had been having a lot of trouble with people stripping screws when reassembling the Buckmark and then having to deal with warrantee issues -- so decided to Loctite everything together so that wouldn't happen!

18. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Ok. But then how do you disassemble it in order to strip as clean it?

19. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

Once you get the hang of it the River is very simple to take down and reassemble. I have never needed to field strip other than cleaning which it rarely needs

20. riderguy

riderguy New Member

Disassembling the Buckmark

"But then how do you disassemble it in order to strip and clean it?"

You don't.

I use a bore snake through the bore and some q-tips in the chamber as best I can. The folks at Browning seem to think that is all that is necessary.

I think the real deal is that this will work for a while then I will have to either use a hairdryer or something to heat up the Loctite, or take it to a gunsmith for the first disassembly.

Browning told me I could always send it back to them if there are any problems -- but that sounds expensive and time consuming if all that is needed is a good cleaning and lubing.