Bucking Around

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ktmboyz, Nov 13, 2009.

1. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

A friend of mine at work told me a story of his friend last year that was launching his boat and a buck came out of the woods and started to rub his antlers down the side of the boat then actually played with him for a while. His wife actually got it on video, I thought it was kinda cool and figured I would share.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXeh6yn-KFE&feature=related]YouTube - bucking around[/ame]

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Friendly little bucker isn't he? :cool:

3. Motodeficient

Motodeficient New Member

4. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

ya where you at ?
    :eek:

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Think that buck will make the winter?

6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Your deer up there are too friendly.
    Ours down here run down cars, attack old people, and eat small children!!:D
    funny-pictures-deer-under-trampolin.jpg
    :DThat was a cool vid.. thanks for posting!!

7. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

That was july 08 so he was prob good size by winter and normally would have been fine but we had a bad winter last year and the deep snow makes them move slower and are easy prey for the coyote. There were alot of deer lost last winter by natural selection

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I figured, (right or wrong?) the more human contact the less chance he would have to make it through the winter.

9. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

That could go either way, I am no expert but most are ok unless they rely on feeding and dont get used to making it in the wild. If you dont ffed them they are prob ok

We have a local snowmoblie club that feeds them all the time and there seem to be plenty around.

10. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Ive got the book somewhere..this is best I can remember

Back in the 80's there was a guy in N Central Pa(Potter Co) that had nursed a car injured deer back to health. She was released but would return for food and eventually brought more and more wild deer with her.
    The guy used to feed 'em bread, they'd take it right out of his mouth. Tourist used to go and feed the deer. I read the guy said you'd think the deer would get used to humans and be easily shot by hunters. His property adjoined state forest land and was open to hunting. The guy said they knew where they were safe and when they left his land they were just as spooky and wild as any other deer.

11. WDB

WDB New Member

One of my sisters have deer in there yard often as they feed them. She bought a deer feeder for them and when I told her that most people buy the feeders to attract deer to lazy hunt she was not happy with the thought. Her husband and I hunt deer evey year and I keep telling him we could just set at his house and watch football until the deer show up. Some how they see the deers in the yard different than the ones we hunt a few miles away.