Buck vs Lawn Ornament

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by John_Deer, Jul 19, 2014.

1. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

A seven-point buck lost a fight with a 640-pound concrete elk lawn ornament in the backyard of Mark and Carol Brye's home in Viroqua, Wisconsin last week. The buck was apparently sparring with the lawn ornament. Mark Brye, 58, couldn't help but laugh about the unusual incident, the La Crosse Tribune reports. "Our son and daughter gave it to us for Christmas four years ago because we like to hunt elk," Brye told the Tribune. "The elk is a nice thing to see every morning. It looks pretty cool, especially on a foggy morning." Brye said he knew exactly what happened when he saw the elk tipped over on its side, but wasn’t expecting to find the bucks carcass lying about 20 yards away. The deer shattered its skull. Brye claimed the deer using a deer tag issued by a Vernon County conservation warden. The warden's tag note read: "lawn ornament fight & lost." He took the deer to a butcher and now has a freezer full of venison.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.texashuntworks.com/index.php/Media/Pictures/Buck-vs-Lawn-Ornament.html

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That was a draw! :D

No offense and none taken

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I am going to have to get myself a lawn ornament! Every time I go hunting most of the deer are in someone's yard.

4. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Yeah, it usually goes one of two ways....

[​IMG]

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

WOW! ......:eek:

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

People use dummy deer where it is legal. The dummy deer don't really look like deer but deer can't see that well. The dummy is an aid when rattling up a buck.

7. gunpys

gunpys New Member

Its not a dummy its a decoy, dummy!