Buck Country Arms

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by dgray64, Jul 18, 2010.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Some time ago I posted asking about this manufacturer and no one had heard of it. Well a couple of weeks ago one of my neighbors asked me to look at a muzzle loader that he was thinking of buying. It was that same Buck Country Arms. He'd never shot black powder and knew that I used my CVA Wolf and a couple of revolvers. I took the Buck Country home and took it apart to inspect it. I got the #10 nipple off of the plug (it had grease or some kind of anti-seize on it, and then I used an automotive drag link socket to remove the plug. The barrel looked new and unfired. I ran a patch or two through it and they came out clean. I don't think it had ever been fired. After re-assembling it with new anti-seize, I had to try it. The sights weren't anything to brag about, but it was very accurate, sighted in for about 100 yards. I shot three .50 cal balls out of it and had to clean it again. I took it back to my neighbor and gave it high marks. It was totally enjoyable to shoot!

Dave

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice. It was good to help out a friend and you got a touch of shooting in while you were at it.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

People need more friends like you.