Firearms Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Browningfirearmstore.com

9K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  OldGnome 
#1 ·
New to this group, howdy!
Been looking at new Browning rifles, like everything else now kinda hard to come by. Has anyone heard of or purchased from Browningfirearmstore.com?
No independent reviews have been found, no physical address if noted. A purchase has to be paid through Zelle leaving no recource for "lost" or scammed sales.

MC

#3 ·
MC
I would run like the Wind from what you mentioned.
Too many scam artists out there today! I will always buy from a reputable company or source! It is easy not days to check for Reviews. And with a return guarantee should the item not be as represented. :)
I will second what SRK advised!
I got a real nice older Marlin Model 336-C Rifle from there a couple of years ago. It was exactly what the seller represented it as.

#5 ·
That's all what I have been finding online. Thought it odd that everyone else, including Brownells is completely out of the Mark III DBM .308 and have no idea on receiving any.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions guys. Now that the semi retirement is kicking in I look forward to more play time.
Mike

#6 ·
Yeah, with vendors I've never heard of, most particularly with vendors offering non-standard modes of payment only and vendors without clear and verifiable brick+mortar physical addresses, I'll let others be the guinea pigs until they get some wider recognition. Just too risky, given how easy it is to toss up a semi-legible website that looks legit but which turns out to be a magic disappearing act.

Reactions: MisterMills
#7 ·
Scammer's are out in force right now.
A couple weeks ago, I was looking for some 6' plastic folding tables since I couldn't find any in stock locally. I found some online on what looked to be a legit site. Said they had 10 in stock, so I ordered 2 of them. They were set up for PayPal, so I really thought they were good to go.
Once I placed my ordered and PayPal sent me a receipt, I noticed something weird. The payment went to someone with an Oriental name, but their email address was an American guys name. I didn't think much of it at the time.
A week later, I still hadn't received an email that my order had been shipped. So, I tried to email them, the email doesn't exist. I tried to get back on the website, it is gone.

Then I contacted PayPal and informed them about it. Two days later, PayPal refunded my money.
In todays world, you just never know if things are legit, so cover your 6 when doing business online.

#8 ·
10-4 on that one. With they way things are people are trying to do a bunch of online purchases and the whole situation is ripe for fraud and scams. Most places are pushing the online gig...I want to be able to see and hold what I'm buying. Got a great shop few blocks away and he has basically nothing. Lots of wish lists but no way to come up with anything.

#12 ·
I have visited some sites that wear almost too good to be true. I usually leave faster than I came. Many times when people get scammed is when they are trying to get something for nothing.

#15 ·
New to this group, howdy!
Been looking at new Browning rifles, like everything else now kinda hard to come by. Has anyone heard of or purchased from Browningfirearmstore.com?
No independent reviews have been found, no physical address if noted. A purchase has to be paid through Zelle leaving no recource for "lost" or scammed sales.

MC
Ok everyone. For fyi, calling Browning they have never heard of the place. Solves that. Their legal department is going to look into this further. Browningfirearmstore.com is using Browning's logo, pics and descriptions without permission. If this experience helps keep someone's cash from being stolen I'm good...

#18 ·
@gwellings8375 - Welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information on the site): So yer new here, huh?

Plus browningfirearmstore.com is a dead domain.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.