Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this group, howdy!
Been looking at new Browning rifles, like everything else now kinda hard to come by. Has anyone heard of or purchased from Browningfirearmstore.com?
No independent reviews have been found, no physical address if noted. A purchase has to be paid through Zelle leaving no recource for "lost" or scammed sales.

MC

·
Supporting Member
12,290 Posts
MC
I would run like the Wind from what you mentioned.
Too many scam artists out there today! I will always buy from a reputable company or source! It is easy not days to check for Reviews. And with a return guarantee should the item not be as represented. :)
I will second what SRK advised!
I got a real nice older Marlin Model 336-C Rifle from there a couple of years ago. It was exactly what the seller represented it as.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's all what I have been finding online. Thought it odd that everyone else, including Brownells is completely out of the Mark III DBM .308 and have no idea on receiving any.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions guys. Now that the semi retirement is kicking in I look forward to more play time.
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Yeah, with vendors I've never heard of, most particularly with vendors offering non-standard modes of payment only and vendors without clear and verifiable brick+mortar physical addresses, I'll let others be the guinea pigs until they get some wider recognition. Just too risky, given how easy it is to toss up a semi-legible website that looks legit but which turns out to be a magic disappearing act.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Scammer's are out in force right now.
A couple weeks ago, I was looking for some 6' plastic folding tables since I couldn't find any in stock locally. I found some online on what looked to be a legit site. Said they had 10 in stock, so I ordered 2 of them. They were set up for PayPal, so I really thought they were good to go.
Once I placed my ordered and PayPal sent me a receipt, I noticed something weird. The payment went to someone with an Oriental name, but their email address was an American guys name. I didn't think much of it at the time.
A week later, I still hadn't received an email that my order had been shipped. So, I tried to email them, the email doesn't exist. I tried to get back on the website, it is gone.

Then I contacted PayPal and informed them about it. Two days later, PayPal refunded my money.
In todays world, you just never know if things are legit, so cover your 6 when doing business online.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
10-4 on that one. With they way things are people are trying to do a bunch of online purchases and the whole situation is ripe for fraud and scams. Most places are pushing the online gig...I want to be able to see and hold what I'm buying. Got a great shop few blocks away and he has basically nothing. Lots of wish lists but no way to come up with anything.

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Hmmm....didn't know that about Zelle. I've several perfect transactions using them. Don't think there will be any more. It's too easy to avoid the risk, valid or not.
I have bought several items from Colt Forum members using Zelle. You just have to verify the seller is valid, call them and talk to them. Check their forum activity, etc.

As to Browning Store dot com, I say it is legit, you order your rifle, they ship it your local FFL. More companies are offering this semi-custom rifle order process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have bought several items from Colt Forum members using Zelle. You just have to verify the seller is valid, call them and talk to them. Check their forum activity, etc.

As to Browning Store dot com, I say it is legit, you order your rifle, they ship it your local FFL. More companies are offering this semi-custom rifle order process.

Calling s part of the issue, no phone number is listed for this place. Just email. Online and BBB reviews of Zelle are one star at best. Just to see what happens, I sent a message for someone to actually call me Monday am. Its gotten to be a bit like fishing. At this point just to see how far they will go to set a hook. Being retired LE..I want some answers so I can share with everyone. Don't want anyone getting ripped off.

·
Premium Member
12,950 Posts
I have visited some sites that wear almost too good to be true. I usually leave faster than I came. Many times when people get scammed is when they are trying to get something for nothing.

Reactions: Oldoutlaw

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Calling s part of the issue, no phone number is listed for this place. Just email. Online and BBB reviews of Zelle are one star at best. Just to see what happens, I sent a message for someone to actually call me Monday am. Its gotten to be a bit like fishing. At this point just to see how far they will go to set a hook. Being retired LE..I want some answers so I can share with everyone. Don't want anyone getting ripped off.
I ordered a rifle from Magnum Research, when it arrived it was not what I wanted. Magnum Research does not list a phone number in their website. I googled Magnum Researrch and found a phone number, talked to customer service, got an RMA and got a refund of my money.

You do what YOU are comfortable with.

Zelle is a legitimate money transfer system.

The BBB ranks people based on paying membership dues, any business can buy a top rating. I have had BBB sales reps call on me, they are almost as bad about soliciting as one of Al's truck stop whores.

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Call and ask if browning store dot com is legit or not.

Browning Arms Company · Customer service

1 (800) 333-3288

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New to this group, howdy!
Been looking at new Browning rifles, like everything else now kinda hard to come by. Has anyone heard of or purchased from Browningfirearmstore.com?
No independent reviews have been found, no physical address if noted. A purchase has to be paid through Zelle leaving no recource for "lost" or scammed sales.

MC
Ok everyone. For fyi, calling Browning they have never heard of the place. Solves that. Their legal department is going to look into this further. Browningfirearmstore.com is using Browning's logo, pics and descriptions without permission. If this experience helps keep someone's cash from being stolen I'm good...

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Ok everyone. For fyi, calling Browning they have never heard of the place. Solves that. Their legal department is going to look into this further. Browningfirearmstore.com is using Browning's logo, pics and descriptions without permission. If this experience helps keep someone's cash from being stolen I'm good...
Good detective work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts