Browning Hi Power

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by 1982flh80, Nov 28, 2011.

1. 1982flh80

1982flh80 New Member

Has anyone considered a Hi Power thread. I look upon this beautiful semi auto as sort of the sister of the 1911. Although I am no big fan of the 9mm the Browning pistol is a timeless and handsome piece. Haven't seen much here at the forum about the Hi Power though. Was considering purchasing one in the future.

Attached Files:

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Actually there have been many Hi Power threads here. Lots of love for this great pistol, I have two myself and want one more. If you get one I'm sure you'll love it.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The Hi Power is called "The King of the Nines" for a reason. :cool:

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Curious about the photo of the 1911 Springer in a thread titled "Browning Hi Power". :confused:

5. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

I would think a moderator (like Mr Canebrake hint hint! :) ) would have lobbied to set up a Hi-Power sub forum by now.

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I love 9mms. And Hi-Powers. And its Eastern Block descendant, the CZ 75.

These are my two favorite shooters-

[​IMG]

7. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

I bought a 1984 Belgian made Hi-Power about a month ago as a consignment gun from my local LHS. The gun is in pristine condition and with the wood stocks is a very good lookin gun. The deep bluing is excellent. I had a problem though. The gun would not chamber the last round in the magazine and would often misfeed after the third round. I took it to the gunsmith at my local range and he throated the barrel, polished the feed ramp and installed a lighter match hammer spring. All for 50 bucks. The gun now shoots like a champ. No misfeeds after 200 rounds and counting. I count myself lucky in finding this great weapon. BTW, I also have a CZ 75B in .40 S&W. The CZ is very accurate, but not nearly as enjoyable to shoot as the Browning. I now find it hard to choose which gun to shoot, my Springfield 1911 or the Hi-Power.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  8. jyo

jyo New Member

Simply one of the best!!

9. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Loving the two tone sweeper!

10. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Here is the FN Hi Power that I got from AIM Surplus a while back when they were offering some deal. This gun sees a lot of use now and I absolutely love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

That's one beautiful Hi Power Olympus!

12. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Thanks. One of these days I'm going to send it off for the Hard Hat Treatment. Got too many other projects to do first though.

13. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I also love the reversed two-tone of the HP Practical!

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

personally ive never liked the hi-power. the gip feels like im holding a square hunk of wood. totally not comfy to me. top it off with a mag safety and its not a gun i care for. they are good looking and stylish. ive fired them they shoot well enough but i like the cz75 better

15. Yogi

Yogi New Member

I also have 2 both 9mm, they are inexpensive and reliable, I have several thousand rounds down range without a problem.
    I believe they are a bit large for CC.
    So, I recently purchased a Tarus .40 if I'm shooting what I hit I want down, I feel the .40 has a bit more stopping power. The Tarus is a bit lighter, and I carry more rounds (double stack)

16. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Blasphemy! :eek:

17. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Thanks and thanks. The nice thing is I was able to land each the BHP Practical and CZ for bargain rates. I don't have more than $500 into either one...probably have more than $500 in ammo through each though. They're both sleek, super accurate, and built to last.

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I don't know how I missed this post but then saw the date and realized it was posted on my BD.

I was obviously predisposed with some other gun-related activity.

I think a Browning Hi Power section is a great idea and have decided to start a crusade to make that happen!

As you all know, I’m an avid apostle of John Moses Browning owning several Hi Powers and 1911s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Hi Powers are an often overlooked treasure in today's poly gun world. I think the gun and it's followers justify their own section here on the FTF.

If you agree, post your support here and let's see if the old canebrake is right! [​IMG]

19. marc29th

marc29th New Member

I think a Hi-Power section is a great idea!

20. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I'd support a Hi-Power forum. Mine was my first handgun and I'll be buried with it. (I'd upload a photo bit there's a 29kb limit to size and at that file size you wouldn't be able to see it