Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do u determine date of manufacturing? And what the best way to prevent rust inbetween the stock and the barrel. I'll post pics if you need em

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Pics are always good;) serial # gives you a rough time frame as does certain characteristics from certain manufacturing periods. Easiest way to prevent it is to not touch the metal and keep it lightly oiled

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
How do u determine date of manufacturing? And what the best way to prevent rust inbetween the stock and the barrel. I'll post pics if you need em
Yep serial number will tell age, an oil will protect the metal, just take the stock off an buff with 0000 steel wool to remove any surface rust an oil it lightly an put it back together.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep serial number will tell age, an oil will protect the metal, just take the stock off an buff with 0000 steel wool to remove any surface rust an oil it lightly an put it back together.
Ya I put some clp in there. How do I figure out the age then? Is there a gauge or what?

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Ya I put some clp in there. How do I figure out the age then? Is there a gauge or what?
No it goes by certain sets of numbers are made in certain years. What's the first two numbers and the last 3?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts