Browning A5

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by kytowboater, Jul 12, 2013.

1. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Question. Sorry I don't have pictures. This is in my fathers immediate care and he won't allow such things.

What I know is its wood stocked, marked "12 magnum" and made in Belgium along with various marks. The gun isperfect except for a dent on the barrel, about two inches from the muzzle.

I know pictures help but what is the going value on a Belgium made 12 mag A5? It was my grandfathers before my father was born, so it's before 52. Lets say condition is 75-80% to be safe.

If I can get more info I will try. Thanks y'all!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  2. ToddJ

ToddJ New Member

It all depends on the condition of course, and the eye of the buyer. I've seen some Belgium made magnum from $650 to $1250

3. kytowboater

Okay. What exactly is a 12 magnum?

4. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

It shoots 3 inch shells. The above price estimate is fairly accurate.

5. racer_x

racer_x New Member

6. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Perfect - except for a dented barrel. That's like the virgin with only 3 kids. That is not a trivial issue.

7. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

ky...whats the serial number?
    what kind of rib does it have if any?
    does it have a butt or pad?
    does it have a round or square pistol grip?

8. kytowboater

Not a dent sorry. A scratch.

9. kytowboater

Sorry so long getting back. It's a 1975 year, we took to an lgs, has a 30" barrel, not sure of the grips and it has a butt. No recoil pad that I recall.

Lgs said due to the 12 mag chambering, and 30" barrel less people would be interested in it. Beautiful gun they said and placed a value of $550-$600.