Browning a and x bolts

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by gaeilgeoir, Aug 8, 2011.

1. gaeilgeoir

gaeilgeoir New Member

Im confused here, what is the difference? And are they any good?

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I'm a HUGE fan of the A-bolt/X-bolt! The main differences are the X-bolt has a removable polymer magazine whereas the A-bolt has a concealed removable steel magazine. The X-bolt has 4 screws to retain each of the scope mounts instead of 2. The X-bolt has a bolt release button to work the bolt without taking it off safety.

The A/X bolts have many great features such as 3 locking lugs, 60 degree bolt lift, well designed magazine, tang safety, They come factory glass bedded & free floated barrel, fit & finish is superb for a standard factory rifle, accuracy is great, and the crisp factory trigger is user adjustable. I could keep going but you get the idea.

3. gaeilgeoir

gaeilgeoir New Member

Haha I think I do, but I dont mind, there more info the better :) so there isnt really a difference in operation or performance then? Its just a few little things? Like the magazines and stuff?

4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Naturally the stock has somewhat of a "euro" look on the X-bolts as you likely already noticed.

5. gaeilgeoir

gaeilgeoir New Member

No? :p euro? :p i actually dnt know too much about them...thats why i started this :p what do you mean? :p

6. gaeilgeoir

gaeilgeoir New Member

Oh ok i kinda get it now :) :p and so theres bo major differences then?

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

The A-bolt is purdy! That is the Euro model.