Browning .20

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by LaineC, Jan 21, 2012.

1. LaineC

LaineC New Member

I've got a .20 ga browning made in Belgium from the '60s I think, it's in good condition but it has been shot, any idea on the value?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I've got a Ford from the same period. Any idea of it's worth? :p

My point- value of a gun is based on EXACT make, model, condition and orginiality. And Browning had several DIFFERENT 20 guage shotguns (BTW, not .20 guage)

Give us a model, give us some pics, I'll check my Blue Book. Other thing is you can check on completed auctions over at auction arms and gunsbroker, see what ones like yours actually sold for.

3. Slugo

Slugo New Member

need a little more description than what you have provided, or, is this a troll post? :rolleyes:

Is it an A5 or a Superposed O/U? What specific model? How long are the barrels, or barrel, what is the choke constriction(s)? What is the serial number? What is the overall condition of the gun? Can you supply photographs?

Provide info for the above, then maybe you can get an answer... :rolleyes:

4. LaineC

LaineC New Member

I'm real, this is what I've got, Browning "twenty" auto 2&3/4" shells made in Belgium, vent rib barrel, serial # I think is 69Z and under that is 39544, the receiver has a lot of engraving w/ "Twenty" on 1 side I'll try to post pics soon if I can figure it out, lol, thanks for any help!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  5. LaineC

LaineC New Member

One more question does the original receipt add any value?

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

There are multiple grades and models, but looks like an auto-5 . If so, would take a guess at a retail value of $700 or more. Receipt is nice, box, manual, etc are what really affects value.

REALLY good shotguns, BTW.

7. LaineC

LaineC New Member

Ok, thanks for your time w/ this!!

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I wouldn't be too anxious to get rid of that gun. They are getting harder and harder to find in good shape and with the documentation you have to go with it, it won't lose any value.

9. Slugo

Slugo New Member

agree with c3shooter. Nice gun and worth about $700 as is. Original box and papers would add maybe another $100 bucks. Older A5's are plentiful and available, but very nice guns none the less...

10. LaineC

LaineC New Member

I had toyed w/ the idea of trading it for an AR-15 but wasn't sure if the Browning had enough value in it. Thanks for help!