Brownin BPS vs. Remington 870 Wingmaster

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by TexanHunter, Sep 28, 2011.

1. TexanHunter

TexanHunter New Member

I really like both of these rifles, but I'm leaning torward the Wingmaster!! What experience do y'all have with either of these rifles? What would be your choice??

2. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

Kind sir: These do not appear to be rifles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. rustycrusty

rustycrusty New Member

Own both BPS kicks like a mule worse than the 870 with same loads. I called Browning and was told I was sensitive to recoil. EVERYONE in the hunt club either shot it once and gave it back or refused to shoot it, it kicked that bad! One of my friends in the hunt club got the BPS for X-mas only doff is his had28"bbl and mine had 30" bbl. His kicked as expected not like this mule of mine. Browning makes great guns but their customer non-service associates ruin their rep for me. I've bought 2 shotguns since and neither was a Browning cause of that guys snotty attitude.

4. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I'm a huge fan of the 870 express simple, reliable, proven, also there's tons of extra part and things you can get for it.

5. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

I have owned multiples of both, and I do not think there have ever been better pump guns made - an I include the long lamented and long gone Model 12 and the Model 37 in that list. None of mine of either model have ever suffered the slightest hiccup. A half decently maintained Wingmaster or BPS will go a lot longer until it needs to visit a gun doctor. Those beloved hand fitted actions require those close tolerances to work right, and everything wears with use.
    I prefer the ergonomics of the Wingmaster. The two guns feel very different, and I do not like the bottom loading through the magazine of the BPS (please spare us the tales of moving the fore end just a little to single load). I could care less where it ejects or where the safety is. But that's just me. My partner has been shooting a BPS for close to 30 years now and you couldn't pry it away from him.
    Try to handle the model you are considering of both and see which one you prefer. Good luck.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i am partial to the 870 over the BPS. i have owned several 870"s, never owned the BPS, but have shot a few. i like both, as both are quality guns. but reasons come from having owned the remingtons. what is the price difference between the two? this could be the factor that makes your decision.

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I'm going to go against the flow and state that even though I own 1 870, I highly prefer the BPS. Go handle both and see which fits YOUR needs better.

8. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

I had an 870 12 ga and my wife had a BPS Youth model 20 ga. They are both good shotguns. one a side shucker and th other a bottom shucker.