Brought the M&P .40 home

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by SSGN_Doc, Apr 1, 2014.

1. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

So the M&P .40 I ordered came in today. I had grabbed a few different loads to try. May get out this weekend to try it out.

[​IMG]

2. Cromo2014

Cromo2014 New Member

Nice. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Shot 350 in mine last week, no issues, not fan of trigger but I will probably be able to get used to it, have problem with spending $150 bucks on trigger in gun I just bought for $500

4. Cromo2014

Cromo2014 New Member

I got used to my trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

5. SSGN_Doc

I did a little polishing here and there and like it better now. I can get used to it. Just different than the consistent stacking of a Glock, which is the next closest trigger to the M&p that I have a lot of time with.

6. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

What exactly did you polish on it? I've put a few hundred rounds through mine and the thing is still terrible. I still plan on buying the Apex trigger once I have the funds, but for now I'd like it to be a bit better.

7. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member Supporter

Same Thing with me. I bought the M&P compact 40 as a carry gun, its not terrible but its definitely not one of my 1911's. I did try the 15 rd magpul mag in mine as a cheapout way of extending the grip(large hands).

Have you found a good carry holster for this thing yet? everything I tried at Cabelas was aukward to say the least.

8. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Get a full size mag from SW and buy one of the little slip covers for it (i'm not sure what exactly they're called). My buddy did that and it looks good. It feels really good too.

As far as holsters go, I have no idea. I'm not allowed to carry :mad:

9. SSGN_Doc

Surfaces of the sear that engage the trigger bar. The area of the trigger bar that slides along the sear. The surfaces of the trigger bar that push up the striker block. Done carefully with fine gunsmith polishing stone, and then polished with some jewelers rouge and a dremel polishing wheel. Very little at all. Very careful about not changeling any angles or geometry at this time. Left the sear/striker engagement surfaces alone. May consider polishing the sear block angle and even rounding it a bit to get rid of the couple of the clunks toward the end of the pull. Pretty sure that is all the apex sear block has different than stock.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  10. LikeABoss

I am using an IWB and OWB Galco leather holsters and have been happy

11. LikeABoss

Am confused, how about I send my gun to you and you so it for me??

12. SSGN_Doc

There are a few YouTube videos out there that would explain the parts and surfaces I'm talking about. Also, it seems the current M&P pistols already have some slightly improved parts from the factory, compared to some of the early ones. So some of those parts on mine only required minor polish or smithing.

13. jon2868

jon2868 New Member

I picked up a holster from Old Faithful holsters. I bought the one that was partially assembled. It ran me $40 and I love it! I hardly notice my M&P 9c is even there. Finishing the assembly was a breeze. The holster looks identical to the Crossbreed.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

14. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for! Order placed....;)

15. jon2868

jon2868 New Member

Good! Glad you found it. They are very adjustable too. I personally like my front hook way up and the back down so it tilts my 9c into my body a bit. Still easy to draw and makes it much more concealed. They send you extra parts as well in case you loose some. I have taken advantage of this already as well. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk