Brought my Kimber home yesterday!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by spittinfire, Aug 25, 2009.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Most of you know I've been trying to decide what I should buy, an XD45 compact or a 1911 and which 1911. Well, I've been watching auctions and local papers rather closely to see what might surface and I found this......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Came with the factory mag and the 11 rd Wilson combat, it's only had 100-150 rounds thru it. I've got to round up some more mags for it though.
    Yes, that price tag reads $879 but I couldn't pass up the deal on this thing. I got it for $650 dealer transfer, shipping and all. I seriously need to get to a range!

2. spittinfire

I dont know if anyone can see those pics, I have to dance around the stupid network settings at work. If you can't see them, go here

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443691/7

The pics are loaded there, my wife's SP101 is at the bottom too. For some reason I couldn't get to the image properties to upload it here. If a mod wants to take the time to correct it, feel free.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Very nice and an excellent price too. Enjoy. :cool:

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I know how you feel Spitty!! Nice :D

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It's about damn time! And glad you finally got it. What was it? Like a week in waiting. :eek:

Excellent price for an excellent weapon.

Looking forward to seeing how you shoot with it. I am expecting good things...

JD

6. spittinfire

Wasn't quite a week but close to it...the guy I bought it from was great. Auction ended, paid for it the next day, he shipped it the following morning and 4 days later I picked it up.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's cool. It's always good to have a positive online sales experience.

How's the stock trigger on it? I presume you have been dry firing it like a mad man... LOL

I can't remember: Nightsights?

8. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Hot Damn Spit

Nice gun
    :D

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I'm liking your avatars almost as much as the gun talk!

10. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Congrats Spit. You'll forget about that XD now...

11. spittinfire

I've still got one, just not a compact.

12. Southern6er

Southern6er New Member

Stock trigger on a PC II is between 3.5 and 4.5, generally right at 4.0. Curious about the night sights too. 879 is about right for a night sight PC II (though I paid a LOT less for mine a couple years ago).

13. spittinfire

No night sights. The trigger is nice, breaks clean. I'll get used to the gun and then start playing with it I'm sure. I've got a couple of other projects in the making. I paid A LOT less too, reread the OP.

14. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Very nice and welcome to the club. My first 1911 ruined me as no other gun just felt and operated so "right" for me. My only choice was to get more of them.

You'll enjoy the courtship with this one - I guarantee it...

15. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

You can't go wrong with a Pro Carry. Good purchase, and congrats. We are all looking forward to that range report.

16. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Great gun at a great price!! Congratulations on your 1911!!

:cool:

17. spittinfire

Thanks guys! I had to spend the past couple nights working in the yard but I'm hoping tonight I can spend some time with it, clean it and learn how to break it down. Gernerally just familiarize myself with the weapon.

18. Southern6er

Southern6er New Member

Oh I saw that about paying less. I was just saying 879 sounded like a normal price for a Pro Carry II. I got mine with NS for a LOT less than that so I figured you did too. W/o night sights the price you paid is still EXCELLENT! :)

GO SHOOT IT!!!! :)

19. orangello

orangello New Member

That is a very nice pistol there Spittin.

20. Sarge43

Sarge43 New Member

Great price! Congratulations! I have an Ultra Carry and love it.
    Enjoy,
    Sarge