Reactions: boatme98

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Best bang for the buck 380 out there IMHO

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
That's what my EDC is (only the "Combat" model with finger grooves, FDE grips, and a different sighting system). Mine takes 8+1, but also handles the DLX mags (9+1) that include the pinky grip. My favorite pistol. Also got a .22 version, but that one is picky about ammo (100% with CCI MiniMags, though). Both easy/simple to break down and clean, and both with enough heft to use as a club if you absolutely need to, without pulling your pants down while carrying.

Good site for him to join:
http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Thunder-380-and-Thunder-380-CC-Models

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Have handled the BT380 Plus model (at a gun show). Still kick myself for not buying it on the spot sometimes. The big challenge right now - besides the "plus" availability - is the availability of mags. My standard is at least six mags for each semi-auto I own. But if I can't find the mags, I won't buy it. As a retired Army logistician, I am very sensitive to supportability after the initial buy, and that includes things like mags.

I have seen the Eagle Imports folks will be shutting down - at least to some extent. They were always reliable in taking your money for orders and eventually sending products, but apparently warranty work has changed. Could be a result of the political winds in Argentina. Time for someone here in the USA to take up production. Would like to see Ruger do that, but I'm sure they won't due to competition with many of their pistols. Just doesn't seem to be much of a demand for a non-striker-fired pistol these days...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts