Broomhandle Mauser C96 - numbers matching - hd pics

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Sooie, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Sooie

Sooie New Member

ive done a little more research.

serial lookup put this in the 360,000 range, in WARTIME COMMERCIAL. the leather holster says 1915.

OK, finally, better pictures.

These are the new high quality pictures.

What do y'all think value is on this? Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I love it. What were the comments before about a cracked frame?

3. Sooie

Sooie New Member

Anymore insight on this gun?

Value? Quality?

Thanks.

4. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

Broom Handle Mauser Pistols

I was exposed to those ugly guns by a friend of mine and darn his hide he never would sell me any of his collection. But I kept my eyes open and I now have 5 or 6 of them. I think, I haven't had any of them out to the range for 10 or 15 yrs. As far as value goes they vary all over the scale. Some that are rare go for many thousands of dollars. Other ones that are in poor condition and made by other countries (not Germany and the Mauser Factory) can be picked up for 200 or 300 dollars. There are a lot of variations so if you plan on collecting them you better win the lottery. Enjoy.
    Sarge
    PS there is a good book about them called System Mauser by John Breathed and Joseph Schroeder A pictorial history of the Model 1896 self loading pistol.

5. Sooie

Sooie New Member

Thanks sarge!

6. FreedomFighter69

FreedomFighter69 New Member

Someone told me that some of them were slow speed full auto, is this true ?

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

They had a very high cyclic rate in FA. Somewhere around 1200rpm.

8. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

P-96

Yes it was called "Snell Fure" or something like that. Clint Eastwood had one in one of his spaghetti westerns. Very few were made and of course they are a machine gun. The real rare ones were chambered for 45 acp. They are big and beautiful The .30 Mauser is the normal caliber but there were some chambered for 9mm Luger too.
    Sarge

9. TheMrMitch

TheMrMitch New Member

Here's my Chicom in 9mm. I also have a Mauser in 7.63 Mauser.
    [​IMG]

10. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

pics of 96

That is a well done chicom. The milling on the frame surprized me. They usually just lightly touched it. I like the pistol box. If you made it yourself you did a real nice job on it. I wish I could have a nice box like that for every collector pistol that I have but I would run out of space in my 4 vaults. I just wrap them in a rust preventer cloth and store them in plastic tubs.
    Sarge