broken safety help

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by brandinm380, Sep 24, 2012.

1. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

I carry a lorcin 380 every day. (Laugh all you want, it works 100 percent) my safety broke last night. So here's my question, should i keep carrying it without a safety until i can get a new one?

2. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I'm not familiar with that pistol. Single action or double action? If SA only, hammer down may be okay except in the case of your thumb slipping when letting it down or thumbing it back. If a spur type hammer, it helps.

If double action, what kind of trigger pull? DA revolvers don't have safeties, but the usually long trigger pull is a safety. I carry my Bersas which are SA/DA decocked & safety off.

P.S. Just from what I've read about them, might be time to trade.

3. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Yup, worked 100%, right up until a critical part failed.

4. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

Still functions 100 percent. And its a SA only striker fired weapon. Carrying it now but on an empty chamber... just a little paranoid i guess

5. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

And there is no hammer.

6. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Get it fixed before you shoot yourself or worse yet someone else. I personal wouldn't carry it with a broken safety even with no round in the chamber.

7. phildenton

phildenton New Member

It is not a good idea to carry it. Also, since one critical part has failed, other parts are soon to follow. I understand bein on a tight budget, if thats an issue. A safe, wuality used gun can be had at a reasonable cost.

8. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

If the safety is not working the firearm is not 100%. Carrying on an empty chamber is generally not the recommended method, but hey it's your ass on the line not mine. You really should either get it fixed or replace asap.

9. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

Thanks for the advice. Got a new part ordered. Replacing it with a glock very soon, just been a little strapped for cash here recently. The lorcin was my first firearm i ever bought myself. Been carrying it for over a year and this is the first problem if any kind out of it.

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Brand aside, striker fires should always have a manual safety. The short trigger and single action style without being able to uncock make it too easy to have an accidental discharge.

11. kahluastud412

kahluastud412 New Member

Uhhh, I think the better question is why are you carrying a gun with a safety?

12. phildenton

phildenton New Member

The op has resolved the issue, time to let this thread die