Broken firing pin on old colt.

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by SWBMOAMP2691, Nov 30, 2011.

1. SWBMOAMP2691

SWBMOAMP2691 New Member

So recently I was plinkin with this old .22 Colt my grandpa gave me. It's always had a problem with the cylinder for as long as I can remember. The cylinder would just stop turning when it was being loaded and I could never figure out why. Well I had a day off and hours to tinker, so I busted out the punches and screwdrivers and had at it for a while. Turns out it was a broken firing pin! It would stick out into the cylinder at times and cause it to stop turning and oddly it would still operate. Well the point of my little short story here is my local smith couldn't help me find the part, the guy said they dont make colt revolver replacement parts and Colt never answers the phone. So if anyone knows somewhere online or a good number to reach someone who can get me the part that would be great. For those who are interested the pistol is an old 1959 Colt Frontier Scout, my pride an joy :) thanks forum.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Any smith worth his salt should be able to make a firing pin if you still have the old parts that can be used as an example.

That is a good way to find out if he is a smith or parts swapper.

3. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Your local guy is either lazy or blatantly lying to you.

I had the same problem with my New Frontier.

Numrich Gun Parts Corporation will have the part. Find someone who is deserving of your money.

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

willfully had given you one of the best sources in the country. You can check out the model you have and even though they might not show the part available on the website just call them. I am saying they do have it!
    Good Luck and get her fixed!!!!

5. SWBMOAMP2691

SWBMOAMP2691 New Member

I appreciate it fellas, just ordered it from Numrich, bit my local gunsmith is kind of a turd. He basically just told me they don't make em anymore and sent me on my way. The reason why I do most of my firearms repairs. But thanks for Numrich, was definitely blown away by their extensive and detailed inventory.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Find another 'smith.