Broke down and ordered a Bill Wilson Carry Pistol...We'll see how it go's...

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Joe in Dublin, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Joe in Dublin

Joe in Dublin New Member

Anyone else have one of these out there. Im about 1 month out. Was going to get a springfield or maybe a nighthawk, but ended up back with wilson...

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Got a link to what you ordered? Then we can compare apples and apples... :p

JD

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Having reviewed that list of specs, I have to say that you have a pistol that will be the envy of 99% of the forum ( I reserve the 1% right to put my T3 against your pistol in a head to head shoot out). That is a very good carry pistol you are about to get your hands on.

Well played sir. Well Played.

JD

4. Joe in Dublin

Joe in Dublin New Member

guns

It was actually a little less than the T3. I was looking at that one aswell. This is the last gun for awhile. Fugured I'd spend 1200 on a kimber or Spring. Its alot but I think its worth it in the long run.....

5. propex

propex New Member

Wilson Carry

Mighty nice looking firearm there! Hope you enjoy it for time to come. Sounds like Dilinger is throwing down the guantlet to you

6. Joe in Dublin

Joe in Dublin New Member

challenge

You how it is. In reality all these guns shoot better than I could ever. But well have to see about a challenge...;)

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You are probably right about that. The only thing I couldn't find was in the barrel configuration it says "Hand Fitted, Heavy Taper" but it doesn't say anywhere whether it's a Match Grade Barrel.

Now, I have shot two Wilson Combats in my lifetime and both were REALLY good shooting pieces, but before you give them final payment, I would check on that barrel, just to make sure.

I am betting it is Match Grade, or the Wilson Combat equivalent, but better safe than sorry.

JD

8. Virginia58

Virginia58 Member Supporter

Damn Joe! What a nice looking piece! I have large bucket under my chin to collect the drool. Let us know how it shoots.

9. Sarge43

Sarge43 New Member

Very nice! That should keep you happy for a while. :)
    Sarge