British 303 Lee Enfield Parts?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by U.S.Patriot, Nov 22, 2009.

1. U.S.Patriot

U.S.Patriot New Member

Bought a Wonderful Enfield recently, it's a No.4 MK1 Long Branch 1942. Its the most accurate open sight weapon I have had in years, Trouble is, it's been sporterised! and I want to return it to WWII Limie condition. The Butt Stock is good to go, the lower stock has been cut down, does anyone know where I could buy the lower Stock, and the two upper hand guards, plus the rings or hardware the I need? I also need the sling swivels. I will buy one at time if needed.

2nd Question: Never having an Enfield before could anyone ID the markings and what they represent? The Markings are just above the Butt Stock. It is marked no. 4 MK1* Long Branch 1942. Above the Butt stock it reads: 52 under that: England, under that: 7L4227: under that FTR
    Thanks Guys.

2. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Here's a site you might want to check out. Ian Skennerton's
    Is your Enfield a Santa fe or did an individual sporterize it. I have a #4 mk1 savage mnfg that I could be talked out of, I never shot it yet but is full military. What kind of stock does yours have on it or is it just cut down? Maybe a trade is possible. Pictures?

Attached Files:

3. U.S.Patriot

U.S.Patriot New Member

This has been cut down by an individual, The Savage I understand is American Manufacture, This one, the "Long Branch is a keeper, I'll take a few photo's so people will know what I'm dealing with. Do you know if the Lower stock is one piece or two? Besides the butt Stock. I will check out the site you supplied. Thanks so much.
    Semper Fi

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Couple of websites for you- first is surplusrifle.com- good info on Enfields, a few articles, etc. Second is my first stop when shopping for parts for just about ANY firearm- gunpartscorp.com MOST of their parts are used- take offs from guns that have hit the end of the road.

5. U.S.Patriot

U.S.Patriot New Member

WoW Excellent Site, they had a million parts but all for the 1914 Enfield, I think a few of these parts will work for my 1942 Long Branch, Thanks so much for your time.
    Semper Fi

6. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  7. U.S.Patriot

U.S.Patriot New Member

8. Highpower

Highpower New Member

You're welcome so much. ;)

BTW -- I agree with c3shooter (as usual...).
    You really should spend some time reading the info found at surplusrifle.com because you will learn a lot about your No. 4 there.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  9. ronl

ronl New Member

I actually have a Savage no4 stock that was given me many years ago. I was saving it to restore any sported Enfield I might find, but since I already have one, it has been way down on the list of priorities. I'd be willing to sell it, or trade for something. PM me if interested.

10. U.S.Patriot

U.S.Patriot New Member

Thank you anyway! With all the help I got from you guys I was able to fine everything I needed except the Sling Swivel assembly for both the lower and the top, I don't think I will use the stacking sling swivel.

11. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Try here: enfield4
    :)