Breda Brescia auto 12

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by kenbarber, Nov 16, 2012.

1. kenbarber

kenbarber New Member

i have got a 12 ga. auto shotgun. it says on it Breda Brescia, has a patent number and says distributed from a town in Conn.
    it has long barrel with venting near then end apparently to cut down on recoil. it seems to be a heavy gun to me.
    it is a real good looking gun.
    it is hard to get information since there does not appear to be a model number.
    any of you know anything about this gun?

2. akers06

akers06 New Member

Was the name of the city new haven

3. kenbarber

kenbarber New Member

"mfd by lyman middlefield conn. usa" right up at the place it is vented to soften the recoil

ok , shows what i know about old guns, what i was told was to vent to lessen recoil is probably a choke. the barrel may be 30" .

at the receiver is an number

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  4. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I think we're going to need pics. A couple of the whole gun, and one for each marking. Make sure to post a pic of the barrel stamp. I cant seem to find any exact info with the provided information.

5. kenbarber

kenbarber New Member

i will see if my wife can do pics. i have cerebral palsy and i am a bit shacky in the hands so pics are hard for me. i'll see what i can do.

6. bobski

bobski Active Member Sponsor

bredas were imported in the late 70's to early 80's. they are a blowback action similar to a A5 browning. they tend to kick a little and werent all that popular. it never made a cut into the 1100 market and they dwindled off.

7. kenbarber

kenbarber New Member

i need a shorter gun. i will either trade it or have it sawed off. i have short arms and lots of tendonitis that makes a long heavy gun just too much now. it is for defense of the house as i no longer hunt anywhere but kroger and winn dixie. matter of fact i only fish at cap't dee's.

8. bobski

sounds like the gun has a lyman polychoke or cutts on the barrel.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

You could reduce the length of pull by having the stock cut down a couple of inches. Comparable to a youth setup on a shotgun.

10. bobski

heck, just trade it off and get something that fits.

11. kenbarber

kenbarber New Member

i am advertising it locally for sale. i have seen two for sale on gun broker. one for 950 and another for 750. neither actually sold so that tells me they should be priced lower. if i get any nibbles i'll try to get enough to just buy a shorted gun that fits. if not i'll see a gunsmith about shortening the stock. i may ask if there is a trade available.