BREAKING NEWS: The FACTS about the Remington Consolidation

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Bigcountry02, May 16, 2014.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Just hit the wire 4 hours ago. This is some move!

In the comment section, someone noted that Magpul and Glock were constructing new factories in Huntsville, AL.

BREAKING NEWS: The FACTS about the Remington Consolidation

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/05/15/breaking-news-facts-remington-consolidation/

You may have read rumors about Remington Outdoor Company’s plant consolidation online. We spent today meticulously researching and talking to industry sources. Everything in this post is fact, not rumor and conjecture.

It is important to note that, as we reported last December, the Freedom Group is no more. It is now called the Remington Outdoor Company (henceforth referred to as Remington).

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
  2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Hooray!!! Get the flock out of libtard New York and move to where the majority of the people are not Hoplophobes.

When the taxes are raised, again to make up for the shotfalls, the people of New York will be left scratching their collective heads.

If only the good people of New York who live outside of the "city" and Albany will stand up and hold their nut job politicians accountable for the disaster they have wrought.

Maybe with new tooling, Remington can return to its former glory.

3. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Amen!

Private industry provides the majority of the tax base that politicians use to govern. Companies and people need to vote with their feet and simply leave these cesspools...

Turn all anti gun states into on big DETROIT I say.

4. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

HEY!

Detroit is a small part of the entire metro Detroit area. Leave the liberals in their own states!

5. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

You mean that flaming effin idiot nardelli has yet another failure in his pocket? I've never seen a more incompetent executive get more chances at failure then him.

6. JWagner

JWagner New Member

7. Mouser

Mouser Active Member

wow! Democracy in action, vote with your feet...goes for businesses as well as people. I have moved throughout my career and I know it can be threatening for many to think about leaving...but Huntsville Alabama is "gods country" as far as I am concerned. Nobody I know moves North to retire!

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Originally I wanted to retire to Upstate NY or Northern VT or NH,...s I got older and my pain got worse those plans changed. I have my Mountains, can see em from my front porch, but not as cold or tall trees, gotta drive about 30 mins for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Did FG sell Remington or rename itself? What about Remington Arms as we know it?

10. Mouser

Mouser Active Member

I lived in Wisconsin for 10 years and while I loved the state and all the outdoor activities it offered, I would never retire there...should I come in to some unexpected wealth, I would definitely have a warm weather retreat! The Smallmouth Bass fishing on the Wisconsin river is insanely good!!!

11. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

That is right in my 'back yard'!:cool:

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Apparently there are no plans to sell Remington. Consolidating all the brands on two lines makes a sale very difficult. Remington is valued at one billion dollars. Both Ruger and S&W can raise the money but they would be tapped out. A buyer would have to be able to raise one and a half billion to buy Remington. I hate to see school teachers lose money but the CA teachers pension took a bath by washing their hands of the freedom group. There is no business in the country that was a better investment. I hope the teachers didn't shift their pension into the tech sector.

13. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

14. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

We had the same sort of discussion about Toyota "leaving California". Toyota says consolidation, but nooooo, we figured this one out, wink wink. People just see what they want to see, the heck with the pesky details.