Breaking in the Taurus

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by doctherock, Jan 22, 2011.

1. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Went to the hills today with my head mechanics boy and went through some ammo.

Started out with the new Taurus PT738 .380. It came with 2, 6 round mags and a carry case you can put on your belt. I have been enjoying this new peice as I can put it on and not know its there when I go into stores. I leave the XD 40 in the truck and carry it from time to time. It shoots nice although I need a slip on neoprene grip for it. If anyone has one they want to give away I would be more than happy to take it. The sight are ok but you have to cover the target pretty good and they aren't as easy to pick up as they are the same color as the slide. After I got the hang of the sights it was spot on. Went through 100 rounds but need to find it cheaper as it was $15.99 per 50. The pic I will post was me shooting at 5 to 7 yards.

Walther P22 I do love my wife's gun. It loves to eat the CCI mini mag ammo and I love that its only $6 for 100 rounds. All together I blew through a good 350 rounds today and tore the hell of of the target my daughter bought me for xmas. You really get a good workout with your sights with this little target and it is fun to shoot. We were back about 8 yards.

XD40 I did not shoot too many rounds from my big girl today as I need to get some bulk ammo for her. I only put 10 down range today as I like having all 3 mags full of my 180 grain hollow points. Love the sights and was spot on every time.

Mossberg 500. Had to take her along to erase all out mistakes. It makes a good eraser. Fired 25 down range of #8 shot and 6 00 buck.

Another beautiful day at the range, 53 degrees and loads of fun.

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Bigger pic of the .22 target

Attached Files:

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnRE-rIu3Vw]YouTube - Taurus PT738[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cHw3PTGMVY]YouTube - Taurus PT738 take 2[/ame]

4. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Damn Doc that was very cool pictures and videos!! :D

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

It was a great day. I have been putting in 15.5 to 17 hour days with school and work so I needed it. Too bad my knee hurts so damn bad. Dont know if its the weather or the knee is getting worse but I pushed through the pain to have the fun.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Range time is good time. :cool:

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Yes it is CA. When I install the scope mount for the red dot on the mini it will be even better.

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Very nice Doc!! I'm glad the sun managed to come out, if only for a couple of days! :D

9. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Where did you get your .22 target?

10. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Daughter bought it for me on xmas. you can get them at Fred Myers for about 36 dollars.

11. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Thanks, i have one sort of like that one but i like the way yours is set up and it looks fairly big.