Breacher without needing a threaded barrel from HFD2.com

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by orlando_marquez, Jul 10, 2013.

1. orlando_marquez

orlando_marquez New Member

I found a nice $30 tube attachable breacher online that is a great alternative to having to buy a new threaded barrel or a whole new shotgun altogether. There are some videos on Youtube as well if you search Pumkin Puncher breacher.

www.hfd2.com

ForumRunner_20130710_010849.jpg

2. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Is it available with a bayonet lug?

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

And I need a breecher for....?

4. natman

natman Member

+1

Unless you are actually a member of a SWAT team specifically responsible for breaching doors, why would you need such a thing?

Unless you foresee a need to blow the doors off your own house. From the inside.

5. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Ever locked your keys in your car? <grin>

Seriously, if you ever have to make a contact shot in self-defense this could save your barrel.

6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

If I have to make a contact shot it should be the last shot I need from that barrel.
    I hadn't really considered that though.
    Shotgun bang sticks for sharks are fired on contact without barrel damage. Wonder about the differences there?

I guess I always figured, If I need to blow hinges or door locks I'm capable of maintaining distance.

I guess I need to explore the facts of these things a bit more.

Is the distance really more to protect the end if the barrel when shooting hard objects or is us still really needed against things that give? Such as an attackers clothing and flesh?

New questions. Thanks Doc.

7. orlando_marquez

If you ask yourself if you need a breacher... you don't.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  8. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

You're welcome.

There has to be some feature built into the bang stick to prevent overpressure. For our purposes water doesn't compress, and the bang stick is built to work submerged.

9. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

you need a breacher on your duck hunting shotgun because it makes joe biden sht his pants.

no other reason.

hmmm i bet if i invent a double barrel breacher i could sell it to mossberg...

11. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Better yet, start your own company and sell them to liberals.

12. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

My shotgun has a breaching choke, but that's because it came with it. Other than that, I think it's cool, but I really don't need it. And that's a lot coming from ME.

13. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have one shotgun with a breacher. It came that way. I AM a cop and have never used this feature in 10 years. Adding tacticool stuff to guns has gone over the top. A breacher, a laser, a white light, an IR illuminator and a folding stock? How much do you have invested in that Mossy? How many rounds down the tube. IMHO, if you don't have at least 250 rds down range you have ZERO business adding anything except a sling

14. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

I couldn't agree more.
    I can't stand it when people get a new gun, and the first thing they do is slap rails and 13743 accessories on it. Learn how to shoot it in basic form, first. And why do you need so much extra crap (2 lights, 2 optics, etc.)?
    Tactical mosin, anyone?

15. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

I want to order a breacher for my 10/22.

:)

16. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I like hypothetical situations. It causes your brain to solve a currently non-existent problem that you may later encounter, giving you an intelligent, thought-out answer to a problem you may not have the time to analyze in the current stress.

Most are assuming the one contact shot would be against the only attacker of the shotgun owner. I hypothesize that it was against the lead attacker, ending the most immediate, closest threat. Now, his two buddies that were rushing up behind him witness their Leader's internal organs flying past them in shreds and re-evaluate their plan. One sees the office door right next to him and retreats, followed by his living buddy. If locked in a dead end and the office has no weapons, fine. Police can do the rest. But if you are an hour from police response, if your office has firearms they can access, or access to other parts of the house, you may wish to open the office door quickly and follow and/or monitor their actions. A couple of quick shots with a breacher opens office door, helps to intimidate the poop out of them, and allows you to watch/follow/arrest/protect yourself and your loved ones.

Probable? Not even close. But a case can be made for a breacher with he number of home invasions and gang activity that involves multiple assailants. Also, many purchases have more to do with TV and movies than any sort of practicality. However, these are not necessarily the actions of star-struck egomaniacs that want to go out and play Terminator just like Aah-nold. When watching any sort of crime drama, the belief is that police and military equipment is the best, and why wouldn't someone with the money want the best they can buy? It's more of a quality perception than a perception of need. Police cars have equipment that a consumer cannot purchase no matter how much money they have. Maybe the guns are the same way! "I want the EXACT model the Phoenix S.W.A.T. Team uses!"

So don't be too hard on those that want the best. Many manufacturers build accessories into upgraded models and sometimes they wind up with stuff hanging off of it they didn't desire at the time, but it was on the weapon that had the best price. I have an accessory bin of stuff stripped off of weapons that were included in the purchase price that I didn't desire to have weighing my firearm down.

So there are reasons to want it, reasons you have one and reasons to own it. The one great thing is that in America, at least currently, we CAN own it, and the weapon to which it attaches. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  17. orlando_marquez

I work for FPS and I will explain two optics and 2 sights on a shotgun. When I've got range time.... I'm at atleast at 100 rounds easily ...hence the heatshield. Never been burned, just felt the warmth.

Foldable stock... allows you to clear a room extended, approach the next door and depending on your door... have the option to fold your stock to breach. IR lights are for specific low light scenarios... white lights are also for specific low light scenarios... either way once you breach the choice is yours. Different eyes see different things.

Top sights... sighted up to 30 yards. Laser... sighted to 60 yards. Now... most our buck shot is effective around 30 yards. If we load slugs... having a laser sighted to a farther distance makes a CQC shotgun weapon an outstanding mid-range weapon.

Shooting 250 rounds through my shotgun (Winchester... not Mossy) has been an easy feat when taking into consideration about 80 rounds are buck and another 50 are slugs on full range day.

Breachers serve two purposes... ofcourse to breach... and if needed... as non-lethal defense to maintain distance or a crowd perimeter.

My shotgun set up is not for everyone, its custom to its operator... which happens to be me. Everyone has different demands from his weapon.

18. 11B3OJ3

11B3OJ3 New Member

I'm in the military, Infantry as a matter of fact. I have seen the hinges come off more doors over the course of three deployments than I care to remember. I have never once, not one time, seen a breaching muzzle on any shotgun carried in country. 10th mtn, 3rd ID, 82nd ABN or 1st or 3rd ranger battalions. I had never seen one until they hit the shelves at the lgs and then I was kind of confused and still to this day only kind of see the point. But to each his own.