Brass vs Aluminum

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by plumbermario, May 30, 2007.

1. plumbermario

plumbermario New Member

So I know they're different metals from from the shooters perspective, is there a difference? I dont reload (no space or knowledge to do this). I am getting into this and am looking for a good source of ammo. Looks like CCI Blazer 9mm might be a good choice as I learn at the practice range. Thoughts?

2. Doc

Doc New Member

WalMart has great prices on 9mm ammo

3. Gearguy10

Gearguy10 New Member

The aluminum CCI Blazer ammo is cheap and should function fine for target shooting, but most ranges won't let you use it. I guess the old guys don't like to spend the time picking it out when they're sorting through the used brass for reloading.

Personally I'd just go brass. As was said before, Walmart usually sells a 100 round box of Winchester for $20 - $25 and a 250 round box of UMC for around $65

4. westernamerican

westernamerican New Member

I believe you will have far more jamming & failures with the CCI aluminum cartridges..........I know I sure did! :D

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  5. HK911

HK911 New Member

Click..........CLICK>>BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol HEeee haw!!!!!!!!!

6. Bidah

Bidah New Member

Certain firearms have a propensity to choke on it while others will work fine, even for the same type of firearm. Generally the CZ75 doesn't like it, but there are some that can.

If you can get it cheaper than brass, and it works for you, then fine. The only sure way to know is to shoot some.

-Bidah

7. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I shoot nothing but CCI Blazer - been doing it for about 2 years now. It is cleaner than WWB in 9mm too. I have shot 5000-6000 round in the past year.

8. westernamerican

Brass case? :D

9. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

No - ya gotta know the difference. Blazer Brass is brass. CCI Blazer is the aluminum.

10. westernamerican

Thanks! I had problems with the aluminum myself........

11. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Only gun I have ever shot that didn't like the aluminum blazer is the FULL size USP. I owned one, and hav rented one before - both hated it,

However, my USP compact that I own shoots it all day long.