Brass Retailers

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by manber, May 4, 2007.

1. manber

manber New Member

Who are you all buying your brass through?

Has anyone bought spent brass in bulk before from a retailer?

2. Declaration Day

Declaration Day New Member Supporter

I've never purchased brass. I started collecting my spent casings about a year before I bought a reloading kit. When I go to the range, I scrounge the brass buckets. I also have some friends who save their brass for me.

Unless you're reloading obscure calibers, there's no need to pay for brass.

Let me know what calibers you reload, as I pick up brass indiscriminately and mail out the calibers I don't use to people who can use them.

3. 10MM_Shooter

10MM_Shooter New Member

Starline sells a nice range of calibers

4. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

Brass buckets at your local range are the best deal out there. I agree one should never have to buy brass unless you have an oddball caliber.

5. dougl2533

dougl2533 New Member

Brass

Would you happen to have any .303 british? The range here sells ALL the brass to the scrapyard, or on e-bay. Won't let you pick them up, THEY do it. Better bring your brass catcher.

Thanks

6. Declaration Day

Declaration Day New Member Supporter

Sorry dougl, I have never come across .303.

7. Splatter

Splatter New Member

I buy brass for all my 'good' rifles, sometimes the good brass. Lapua for my 1k rifle, Hirtenberger for my M14.
    For the same reason that I buy my powder in larger lots and my bullets and primers in cases from the same lot.
    I'd sure be nice if there was a way for you to easily ship me a hockey-sock full of .38 Stupid and 10mm.

8. aslocumb

aslocumb New Member