Brass prices...?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by supergus, Aug 15, 2009.

1. supergus

supergus New Member

I'm going to a gun show in a couple of weeks and I was gonna look for some .223 brass, primers, bullets. If I find any, what is a reasonable post election price for brass, primers and bullets? For bullets, I'm looking for Hornady or Nosler. Or if anyone has any empty brass.........?;)

2. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

.223 loads??

At the risk of =none of my business= what rifle are you shooting the .223 through. Most any High Cap. semi-auto you're going to also want small base sizer dies. With that in mind, you are probably going to want FMJ bullets, that are much cheaper in bulk, than the 100rd. boxes from Hornady/Nosler. You didn't mention dies on your post, so maybe you have all of that covered? PM me when you get a chance, I may be able to hook you up with some .223 brass??:)

3. supergus

supergus New Member

I'm shooting an AR with a 1:7 barrel so I'd rather stay around 62- 77 grain. Also I read that if I don't have a straight seating die, then boattail bullets may be a little easier to seat squarely. Any input? As far as dies, I'm ordering a Hornady Lock N Load press but it doesn't say which dies it comes with. (comes with 5)
    BTW PM sent.

4. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I've gotten very good accuracy with Hornady 68gr. HPBT bullets. Brass is geting expensive for the .223 - I bought 100 rds. of Remington unprimed brass at almost $35 last year. I find it cheaper to buy a 100 pack of Federal .55 gr. FMJ's at WalMart for $39 and reload the cases after I enjoy a day of plinking!

5. supergus

supergus New Member

Thanks RL, that makes good sense! I should have enough ammo to use up and start reloading.

6. WILDCATT

WILDCATT New Member

brass

no brass around bases??get the shotgun news at newstand.walmart.and look ther are several companies that sell bulk.georgia arms sell a lot of surplus.try their web site.you need 60+ gr bullet for that twist.mine is 12.I dont use small base on any of my auto loaders.but many do.
    try GRAFs for ammo supplies.I use midsouthshooters for my presses.I have 15.:rolleyes: