Brass knuckles

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by xtommygunx, Feb 22, 2013.

1. xtommygunx

xtommygunx New Member

Does anyone know why brass knuckles have the screw pin on the side?

2. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

That makes them (technically) a "belt buckle" and not an illegal weapon like they are in many areas.... like North Carolina (wimps).

3. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Hehehe I'm in NC as well, my buddies and I always refer to them as 'paper weights'

4. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Ha Ha... That's works for me... OR (just throwing this out there) they make ABS high-impact knuckle dusters too; http://www.security-wizard.net/plkn.html ... Perfectly legal to carry in Nawth Cackalakee... Just a piece of plastic. ;)

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

and when you end up in a court of law with an illegal deadly weapon calling it a paperweight isnt going to carry much water when its obviously a set knucks.

you can paint daisies on a landmine and screw in some bolts to the side and call it a piece of "yard art" but its still a landmine.

6. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

No worries, I don't carry them lol I carry my EDC and my hawk bill, both perfectly legal lol
    Btw everywhere that sells them calls them paper weights, but I def understand your land mine analogy :cool:

7. indy36

indy36 New Member

"You can paint daisies on a landmine and screw some bolts to the side and call it a piece of 'yard art' but its still a land mine."

^^^^^^^^awesome^^^^^^^^^

8. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Brass knuckles are still legal (to a degree) in Mississippi. Hell, butterfly knives are still legal, here.
    I used to have a bras knuckle, as a kid, but I have long since lost it. Really wish I still had it.

9. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

11. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

I see those a lot at gas stations. Sure, you put them next to the rolling papers and herbal spices, but no ones goin to use them for weed *sarcasm*
    I honestly don't think I've ever heard of anyone using them for tobacco...

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Crack pipes are sold in some gas stations. They have a small fake flower inside, and they're called something like "romantic flower" or some crap.

They're a glass tube with a vented bulb on the end where the "blossom" is, with the stem extending through the tube.

Here's a pic I pulled off google. Whenever I find these, if I have the money, I buy all in stock and crush them. Not because I have a problem with drug use, I'm a firm believer in letting people poison themselves to death slowly if that's what they wanna do with their bodies, but because these are available to children. And because they have this damn flower inside (easily removable with a pair of tweezers), they're totally legal, I think in all 50 states.

10-valentine-glass-flower-love-bubble-rose-tube-ball-c61bd.jpeg

13. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I work in a gas station, and the stuff we sell has veeeery obvious uses. Most of which arent legal. I sell white owls and swishers all day. Apples are a big seller too. I remember when they used to sell the OTC pseudo. That got stopped by the feds eventually. Back to the original topic, my knuckles were bought as a belt buckle. Btw, they are terrible belt buckles.

14. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Crackheads used to come to our auto parts store where I worked. Buying metal tire pressure gauges. They had magnets they would use to check them.

We started to sell them the metal encased plastic enteral ones. They quit coming. Lmao

15. longunner

longunner New Member

I've seen those in the worse neighborhoods in towns near me...it's crazy that they are allowed to sell them....

16. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I own a pair as it was a gift from a friend by I do not car or use them because they are illegal but just out of curiosity does anyone know why I mean you can do more damage with a 6 inch or less pocket knife?

17. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Possibly because they can be concealed easier than a six inch pocket knife. But I would rather have a knife.

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

One last comment. Im not against private ownership of knucks knives or crack pipes. Im just saying be careful with it cuz your local da may hate you if your a ccw type and he is a libtard and you hit his radar.