Brass Catcher

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by LadyShooter, Jul 13, 2011.

1. LadyShooter

LadyShooter New Member

I've recently purchased an AR-15 and I was checking out brass catchers. Has anyone seen the tactical brass catcher at catchyourbrass.com? It looks like a great product. Anyone have any experience using it?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

if your using it for anything besides static bench shooting i wouldnt use it. its gonna require lots of effort to clear a stoppage. brass catchers/deflectors cause stoppages thats just how they are.

i use a mesh brass catcher with a zipper on the bottom for range use.

i use this it works on more than just AR15s. it works pretty damn good for a catcher

UTG Deluxe Brass Catcher AR-15 Nylon Mesh Black - MidwayUSA

[​IMG]

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I use the same type. It works well as long as you are not moving a lot.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats true of any brasscatcher tho.

5. TheDaggle

TheDaggle New Member

I have the one pictured above, and I think I used it twice. No matter how tight you get it, that Nylon strap wastes no time slipping out of alignment once the bag has a dozen shells weighing it down. I vote don't buy, instead of picking up a bunch of brass at the end of the day you'll be emptying the bag and fixing the strap every 5-60 seconds.
    As for the one you're looking at; $150 for a brass catcher ?!?! Give an unemployed guy $10 to police your brass.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  6. JonM

JonM Moderator

I use it with the zipper open on the shooting bench. Its not good for movement or actually collecting brass. There used to be a hard plastic design a couple decades ago that snapped under the carrying handle that worked really well. I remember paying like 15 or 20 for it but it was noisy if you had even one case loose in it. Used it for years before it cracked.

7. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I have the same one with the zipper. I've used it a couple times and once you figure out where it needs to be positioned and bend the opening a little, it works great.

8. LadyShooter

LadyShooter New Member

Thank you all for your responses about the brass catcher. The one you've all suggested looks really flimsy. As the response from The Daggle points out.

Also, The Daggle, it sounds good to give an unemployed guy a few bucks to police my brass except I'm not going to go looking for a guy every time I want to go shooting.

I think I'm going to pick up the tactical brass catcher at catchyourbrass.com and I'll let you know how it works. Thanks again for your input.

9. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Heck for $10 bucks ill catch your brass (and hopefully find some 30-06 brass too, to keep my Arisaka fed..) :p

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011