Brando or McQueen?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vikingdad, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Brando

2.4%
  2. McQueen

81.0%
  3. Neither one

9.5%
  4. Beiber

7.1%
  1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Which one is cooler? I say McQueen because he was a dyed-in-the-wool motorhead.

Brando was cool on screen, but McQueen was cool all the time:cool:.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  2. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

McQueen by a longshot. The Great Escape, The Sand Pebbles, LeMans and The Getaway all great movies.

3. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

McQueen. I don't think he's "yella" and I think he's "got tha gutz".

4. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

Yup, McQueen no question. Just watched Papillon the other night, great movie. Then add The Blob, Great Escape, Bullitt all great movies. He was one of a kind.

Ken

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

McQueen was the essence of cool! he did some great movies that many he would have done more of his own stunts if allowed. he raced cars, he raced bikes, hung out with some of the great racing legends, collected some really cool cars and bikes, got some of the hot woman of his time. yeah, definately McQueen!

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

McQueens life is far more incredible than any movie. Born in Indianapolis, In. to a stunt flyer Terry Mcqueen and a prostitute. He spent his early days in street gangs and jails. He was in the Coast Guard and the USMC. He was a guard for President Truman. Terry Steve McQueen was a life long drug addict. He died in Mexico at age 50 in 1980 from cancer. :)

7. Applin88

Applin88 New Member

Mcqueen. Him and yul Brynner were great together in the magnificent seven

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Both McQueen and James Dean were from Indiana. Both of them liked fast cars. James Dean over corrected a fast car in Texas.:eek:

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

McQueen also regularly would order large quantities of stuff as part of his contract for many movies, then donate it all to charities like a boy's home (he spent time in one growing up). Stuff like shaving kits, jeans, shoes. That sort of stuff.

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

Both were good at what they did. The fact all have voted Steve shows a little something about the members here. Marlon was more of a stage and screen actor, a different bird than someone that works between cuts.

Brando once demanded a half million dollars for a half hours work, and got it.

Like I said, both were good, but there will never be another Brando. Henery Fonda was pretty close, and both started out as stage actors at a little place called The Omaha Playhouse. Omaha also turned out Johney Carson about that same time.

11. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

No takers for Beiber?

I only know one actor more awesome than McQueen, I voted for McQueen.

12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Must have something to do with the fact that none of the women have chimed in yet. Maybe. Then again maybe they would vote for McQueen too.

13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Never cared for McQueen. Liked Brando until that stupidity with the indian at the academy awards.

Now Charlie Bronson was my kinda guy!:D:D

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

What else did they teach them in Omaha? All three were very anti gun activist.:eek:

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

McQueen carried after the Manson killings (he was supposed to be there and was a target that night.) and I thought he was pro gun (or at least not an anti).

16. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Paleese, McQueen and it's not even close. That's like asking, "who's hotter, Ellie May or Miss Hathaway.

Showed how old and out dated I am.

17. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Hard to tell as both actors are my favorite of all times. However, after reading both biographies I would have to say that although Marlon Brando revolutionized 'American' acting on stage & screen,
    Steve McQueen, on the other hand, has indeed led a hair-raising life coming 'round deadly curves both on and off screen.

McQueen (trying hard to understand) says to director Norman Jewison when explained why he thought rugged Steve was not right for the sophisticated lead in the Thomas Crown Affair:
    "You're squeezing my melon, man,"

18. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

McQueen was the man! Always played it like a normal guy and brought reality to his rolls. Not to mention you know any other actor that could have driven that bike in The Great Escape better?

19. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Well,
    I did enjoy that comedy brando made,
    "the wild one"
    But McQueen was an Actor.
    Could and did play many roles.
    "The Great Escape" being one.
    The late, great, Bud Ekins did the stunt riding in "The Great Escape"